Chapter 25

Word count: 3042

Lenore

I stared out of the windows, watching the leaves blow with the wind. The sun was rising, letting me know that it was morning.

I swallowed hard, staring at the cup of coffee in my hands. It was Luke warm now, it didn't feel hot against in my hand.

I turned slightly and glanced at Finn, who was sleeping soundlessly. Soft, steady breaths leaving him, coming out as puffs.

He was sprawled on the bed, laying on his back, one arm thrown over his face and the other was by his side. His face was turned so it seemed like he was looking at me, but just his eyes were closed. He was also shirtless, which exposed his upper half. And was wearing only boxers, the sheets were bunched up over his hips.

He looked so innocent.

And nothing in the world would hurt him.

I didn't want anything to hurt him, I wanted him to be safe.

Finn hadn't done anything wrong. It wasn't his fault that his wolf was crazy. He couldn't do anything about it.

Okay, maybe all he needed was help, but I knew that usually when people had a problem, it was hard admitting it to themselves.

Plus, Finn didn't know exactly what Arsen was like.

I felt bad for him.

He didn't even know that he'd been hurting me.

I sighed and turned towards the window again, feeling different kinds of emotions flow through me.

I felt the urge to burst out crying.

I wanted to scream until I couldn't speak.

I needed to laugh to make the situation better.

And there was an emotion where I could feel nothing.

I'd been sitting at the window sill for hours, because I couldn't sleep after Finn had come to bed.

I must admit, that he terrified me.

Well his wolf.

I breathed out, feeling the urge to cry again.

No. I will not cry. I am not going to be one of those people who cry all the time. I don't want people to see my emotions.

I felt tired because I'd slept for so little the past days.

I couldn't sleep.

Memories from the night before, they haunted me.

And I couldn't escape them.

I froze when I heard shuffling. "Len?"

I turned to Finn once more and found that his eyes were still closed but his arms were looking for something.

I realized that it was me.

"I'm right here," I whispered.

His eyes flashed open, those chocolate brown eyes sparkling due to the sunlight.

He stirred and then rubbed his eyes. "Why aren't you in bed with me?"

I smiled at how cute he looked.

"I'm not tired."

"Why not?" he asked, his voice was rusty from sleep. "You could still be here... with me."

I shook my head. "It's fine, I'm just not tired. And I've been thinking here, I couldn't sleep with you suffocating me with your body heat."

"Come to bed. Please."