Chapter 31

Word count: 3045

Lenore

I didn't want those damn pills.

I didn't want them.

I didn't even need them.

But I also knew that I would have to do it in order to succeed with my plan.

The moment Finn agreed to the pills, I felt my heart break.

But I also knew he thought that there was no other way. Well, if your mate doesn't speak or make a move in weeks then I guess that can be depressing.

Sure, I knew that it was stupid what I had been doing.

I knew that I was hurting everyone. Finn, Adelia, my entire family. I was hurting them with the silent treatment.

I had been pretending to be sick.

It was true that I'd been in shock the first two days, that wasn't a lie. I really couldn't speak but I got better on day three.

But during those two days, I had thought of an idea. An idea that would hurt Finn the most, but I didn't know any other way.

The truth was that I wanted to pay Arsen back for what he had done. I couldn't just let him get away with what he had done.

And that I had to find a way to do something about him. I knew that he was probably going to repeat the same thing, he was going to keep hurting me.

I didn't want to let that happen again. I wasn't going to.

But at the same time, I didn't want to hurt Finn. The last thing I wanted was for him to get hurt, but he was still apart of Arsen and the only way to get to Arsen was through Finn. It was the only way.

I wanted to scream at Finn not to agree to the pills, but I knew that I couldn't.

I wasn't going to blow my cover.

So instead, I could only watch as he shoved the pills down my throat. I didn't even know what they were even, what side effects they would have.

Sadly, I learned that out a few hours later when a major headache formed, that nearly made me make a sound.

But I kept my pain in.

The dose was going to be two different bottles of pills in the morning, afternoon and night.

I could feel them in my system.

Finn sat next to the bed, on a chair, after giving me another dose at night. "Lenore, I'm so sorry."

It hurt to see him like that.

It broke my heart every time he would bury his face in his hands and cry, just like he did now.

"I'm losing it. I'm running out of options what to do. I want to help you, I really do but I don't know how."

I held back my own tears, feeling the urge to burst out crying.

"I miss you. I miss you so much. I don't think that I have ever missed anyone this badly." Then he said, "You're making Arsen want to come out also, he's also losing it."

That was my time to listen.

It was finally the first time after weeks that he was speaking about Arsen.

"I know you hate to hear about him and I know that you're probably not going to believe me, but he also misses you. I mean, every time I see him in my head, the wolf form has tears in his eyes and is whimpering. Which is shocking because I didn't think that Arsen has emotions. No... he does, but just doesn't show it."