Chapter 16

Word count: 5002

Lenore

Finn just stared at me with a confused expression. "What? What do you mean by we are going on a trip?"

I patted his head. "Yes, sweetie, we're going on a trip so get dressed. I figured out an idea to get you better. I know the cure, well sort of, but I know that it will work." I went to his closet then grabbed some clothes for him and threw them at him. His boxers hit his face.

Finn moved to the edge of the bed, but I could see how dizzy he was. "What are you talking about? Len, I can't go anywhere, I'm sick."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Oh hush, Finny. You'll be fine and if you faint then I'll just carry you. But I'm not letting you die alone, so you're coming with me, because who knows if when I come back then you'll be alive or not. So get dressed, right now."

"Okay," he said and then grabbed his clothes. He put them on reluctantly and when he was done, he slid out of bed on his shaking legs. "Fućk," he cursed as he fell back. "Shít, I can do it."

I gave him a comforting smile after packing his bags, thankfully my bag was already packed. I walked over to Finn and then helped him up, wrapping my arm around his waist tightly. "Come on," I ushered him along, walking out of the room while carrying our bags.

Finn was slow as we walked down the stairs, but just as we got to the front door, Adelia and Javier got there. "Hey, where are you two going?"

That was the last thing I needed right now.

"Finn's sick, and I'm going to get him help. Let's just say that you're not supposed to mark your mate so soon, well if they're underage," I answered with a glare.

Adelia sighed. "Lenny, I know you're mad about last night, but Javier and I are mates."

I narrowed my eyes at Javier. "I don't care, do what you want. But just know that if you touch my sister one more time inappropriately then you're dead. And this time, I really mean it. I don't care if she is your mate, she's still underage so this would be illegal. You could be arrested, well not in the werewolf land, but still."

When I felt Finn's weight start to loosen, I immediately tightened my hold. "I mean it, don't touch her. But Finn and I are going on a little trip for a few days, so tell Colin that he's in charge."

Then I dragged Finn out of there and into his car, I threw him in the passenger seat, then put the bags in the trunk. I got in the front seat, when I glanced at Finn, I saw that his eyes were closed. I smiled gently and then started driving. Throughout the entire drive, I kept snacking on random things that I had brought with us and I stopped at a gas station once too. Finn was asleep and I don't blame him because he was truly, really sick.

It was about two hours later when Finn woke up, his eyes opened. "Good morning sleepy head!"

He looked around, confused. His eyes went to the fuzzy blanket that was covering his body, then they slid to me. "Hey, so this wasn't a dream? You did bring me to god knows where."

"Yep. But it's only for your well being." I winked at him.

Finn chuckled slightly and then shook his head. He rubbed his eyes and then asked, "How long was I out?"

"About three hours," I answered.

He still looked so tired, so I pat my shoulder lightly, urging him to rest his head on it. And he does with a bite of his lip, resting it ever so gently on it. "Len, I don't feel good."

I glanced down at him, feeling a smile form on my lips because of how adorable he looked. "I know baby, and it's going to be okay. But alright, I'll tell you where we are going. Remember when the doctor said that about twenty or thirty years ago, there was a couple who had the same situation as you and me. I talked to him about it and he said that as he has heard, the couple lives behind the mountain in North Pack and so I figured that they might be able to help."