Chapter 11

Word count: 3973

Lenore

"Um, we were just-" I tried to think of an excuse because my body was entirely frozen. I just kept staring at my family for what felt like hours, I felt horrified. "We-Ah shít!"

Adelia's eyes were so wide and confusion was plastered all over her face. I was hoping that she wouldn't know what me and Finn did because she was only fifteen.

And what was I thinking about when I was fifteen? I don't even want to talk or remember it.

Mom had a sort of a mortified look, along with a small pervert smile. She had always been the one who jumped to things way too quickly. She was the dirtiest of us all.

Dad only glared at us, especially at Finn.

When dad took a step towards me, Finn tightened his arm around my waist and pulled me back. "Don't touch her!" he growled at my dad.

Dad chuckled slightly. "I should be the one telling you that, because she is my daughter. Finn, will you let her go so we can talk?"

I went to step away from my mate, but didn't get the chance to because he just yanked me back to him so my back was pressed against his front. "No. No one touches her!"

Why is his voice so deep?

My eyes widened.

Oh shít!

"And it's not-" I covered his mouth with my hand.

"He means that it's probably not a good idea to touch me, so I don't suggest you to do it at all. Just please don't do it." I kept shaking my head at my family as they gave me a confused look. But then I made a sign with my fingers that spelled wolf. "Let's just talk, like normal people."

I made Finn lead me over to the couch because he still had a tight grip on me. When we sat down and my family followed, I leaned over and whispered to Finn's ear, "Calm down."

He clenched his hands in fists and he kept shaking his leg. I intertwined our fingers together and then rested them on his leg. Finn looked at me, his eyes switching from his normal color to black.

"I think we need to make some rules as long as you're staying here. I don't think neither of us want to know what you did there, it's too TMI and I don't want to know these things about my daughter. Her intimate life is you two's business." Then mom continued, "So there has to be some rules."

"What kind of rules?" my mate asked.

This is not going to go well.

Mom sent Finn a pointed look. "Look, I know that you two are mates and can't help your feelings, but considering that this is Luke's and I's house and she is still our daughter then we will not really tolerate this behaviour. And she isn't eighteen yet so I know that you two can't really do anything and-what is that?" mom asked, pointing to my neck.

I forgot to fix my hair, to cover the mark, but I guess I forgot. "It's nothing, just hickies."

Mom shook her head. "No, I can tell the difference between hickies and a mark. I know sure as hell that this is a mark." Her words made dad and Adelia both look at me, more especially my neck. "Oh fućking hell!"

Did I just witness my mom swear?

Not that it was the first time though.

Mom reached over before Finn or I could have the chance to react and she pushed my hair away from my neck, looking at the mark with wide eyes. "Oh my god, Lenny!" mom gasps.