Chapter 20

Word count: 3829

Lenore

After Deidre's and Thomas's kids found us, they had to tell them the truth. Thankfully they accepted Finn as their brother, so there were no worries there.

We stayed there for a few days. They kept an eye on me because I had marked Finn. They made me drink the tea and the blood related thing. Also I went through the same process as Finn, Deidre made the blood transplant. So everything turned out fine.

Finn was okay now, the symptoms were disappearing. He didn't have a fever anymore and he could even turn to his wolf normally without feeling tired. Him and Thomas went hunting even, it was supposed to be a father and son bonding time.

Finn became close with his brother who was Deidre's and Thomas's second kid. His name's Damien, he's actually really nice. Finn taught him about stuff, girls and how to handle your wolf. Though, I don't know why Finn taught him when he can't even handle his own wolf.

When it was time to go home, Thomas began to cry because he didn't want Finn to leave. Deidre had to physically remove him from my mate because he wouldn't let go. Finn told them that they could visit anytime they liked and call anytime. Thankfully, Deidre got him to calm Thomas down after a while.

Now we were in the car, driving to Finn's pack. I had been trying to call Adelia, but it went straight to voicemail, making me wonder if something had happened. But then I just thought that she was probably busy.

I leaned back against the seat, feeling exhausted because I had gotten so little sleep. I couldn't sleep because every night I had the same nightmare I had had a few days ago. Where I was in the woods and there was a wolf whose eyes were completely red and there was blood coming out of them. And he was huge, I mean like probably 8ft, I would say.

And every time he would hear me when I went closer, even if I didn't. And he would attack me.

It was terrifying because I couldn't escape the dreams. They just kept becoming worse.

And I didn't know what to do or what caused them.

And now I was afraid to fall asleep, thinking that the wolf would return.

"Len, you okay?" Finn's voice cut me out of my thoughts.

I snapped back into focus and turned my head to find him staring at me with a confused look. "What? Yeah, I'm fine."

"That's not true. Len, you've been distant lately and not to mention, exhausted. Tell me what's wrong and why are you acting like this."

"Like what?" I questioned with a confused look.

Finn sighed. "I don't know. I just feel like... you know what, never mind."

"Finn," I whispered. "Tell me."

"It's nothing, just forget it. There wouldn't be a point to this," he muttered.

I clasped his hand in mine, resting it on my thigh. "Talk to me, please. What does it make you feel like?"

I had always known that Finn wasn't the person who let people in easily. You had to really get to him, and he had to know you if he was going to let you in. I mean, I guess that was the reason why he had so little friends. Well only Javier and Colin, but I didn't know if he counts because he's Finn's brother, well stepbrother pretty much, but I think he still counted Colin as his brother.

Maybe the whole, not letting people in had something to do with his parents, well foster parents, his uncle and the uncle's mate. I hated that I still didn't know what had happened to them, because every single time someone asked about it, Finn shut down. Deidre even asked him and he got angry.