Chapter 29

*MATURE CONTENT*

Phew, that took a while.

Suggested song for the chapter is "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You" - by Heart. Yes, I know that this song is old, but I thought that it fitted the chapter, if ya know what I mean ;).

Word count: 2406

Lenore

I woke up to the window sliding open.

And his scent invaded my senses.

I could feel my heart beat faster by the closer he got.

When I finally felt the bed dip and then his arms were wrapped around me, I let out a breath of relief. I turned around in them and looked at my mate who I had been dying to see for weeks. And I knew that it was Finn instantly and not Arsen.

"Finn!" I gasped.

"Lenore," he replied, giving me a faint smile.

He looked almost like me. He seemed so worn out, exhausted. His eyes were buffy and red, he had dark circles under his eyes, telling me that he hasn't slept for a really long time. His posture was tight and looked tired.

"Please tell me that this isn't some kind of sick dream. Tell me that this is really real."

Finn smiled. "It's real as it could ever be. I promise you baby, that it's real." Then he reached his hand out to touch my face, his fingers caressing my cheek. "You look beautiful."

"I look like shit," I argued back. "So do you? And since when did you grow a stubble?"

"I didn't have any shaving tools in the woods." Finn's eyes softened when I burst out crying.

"Fućk, I've missed you so much." I wrapped my arms around him tightly, breathing in his scent that I had missed deeply.

"It's okay, baby. I missed you too," he murmured.

He held me as I cried my eyes out, holding onto me so tightly that I was afraid the air would get cut out of my lungs.

Then after a few minutes, he breathed in and a confused look covered his features. "You are in heat."

"Yeah."

His grip tightened on me and I knew that he could sense it clearly now. "I always wondered what that scent was. Len, if I had know what really happened then-"

I cut him off by pressing my finger to his lips. "I don't want to hear it right now. All I want is you... all of you. I'm in heat and horny right now. Please, just make love to me."

"I am so sorry, Lenore," he whispered as he hovered over my body, caging me in between. "I'm going to make up for that month, I promise."

I smiled up at him, brushing my thumb along his cheek. "I don't care about that right now. I just want to get over this burning feeling that's been killing me. Make it go away, please."

Finn nodded and kissed the tip of my nose before grabbing the hem of the shirt that I was wearing and then pulling it off. I sat up slightly to help him pull it off. Then his shirt was gone in a second also. Finn stared at the shirt that was lying next to me. "That's mine, isn't it?"

"Yeah. Your scent helped me calm down a little," I told him, but sighed when I saw him still staring at the shirt with a sad look. "Finn, no. You have nothing to feel guilty about. This is-was not your fault. Please, don't blame yourself."

"But I let it happen," Finn breathed out. "I could have done something, I should have done something. I shouldn't have listened to Arsen's constant telling me that you did it on purpose, that it wasn't true what you had said. I should have believed you."