Chapter 17

*SLIGHT MATURE CONTENT*

Word count: 3518

Lenore

"Ah!" I screamed as we fell off the cliff. My mate wrapped his arms around me and I clutched onto him. Then we crashed onto the ground, Arsen falling first on his back. I thought it was over but then we tumbled down fast. "Ow," I groaned when my head hit a tree.

We didn't even have the chance to react as we fell again but this time into water. Water filled my lungs as I went deeper, but all too soon arms wrapped around me and I was brought to the surface again. "Len, breathe, it's okay," my mate said as I was on the verge of having a panic attack.

I coughed as I locked my arms around his neck. The flow was still fast and it kept bringing us along. I was just about to ask him what should we do but then we heard a really loud noise, like water running. "It's a waterfall, shìt. We are going to die."

"Len, breathe. It's going to be just fine," he tried in a soothing voice. "Hold your breath."

I held my breath as one second the flow brought us along and the next we fell again. And water filled my lungs once again.

I gasped as I reached the surface, laying down on the sand. I rolled on my back, coughing out the rest of the water. "Well that was close, right, Arsen?"

When I heard no response, I looked around. I gasped as I saw him lying there but he wasn't moving so that got me scared. I immediately scrambled over to him. I cupped his face in my hands, inspecting it. There was a light scratch mark on his forehead

"Finn, baby, wake up. I shook him but got no response. Damnit, Finn, wake up!" I snapped and sent a kind of a light slap to his cheek as if to wake him up, but that didn't work.

"What to do? What to do?" I mumbled to myself.

Then I thought of an idea.

I placed my hands on his chest, then started performing CPR on him.

"Come on, Finn. Please wake up," I cried out when I still didn't feel a heartbeat. Then I pressed my lips to his desperately, blowing air into him. I repeated this several times, but it didn't work because he still laid there lifeless.

"Wake up, you idiot. You are the reason why we're in this mess so don't you dare die on me. I mean it, Finn. You're my mate so you're not allowed to die. Now wake the fućk up so we can mate!" I kept performing CPR on him.

I knew that I got him back a little when he coughed out some water.

I pressed my lips against his, but I didn't even have the chance to react as something cupped the back of my neck and Finn's lips moved against mine. My eyes flashed open and I saw that the idiot was wide awake and enjoying the kiss very well.

I tried to push myself but he wouldn't have that because his one arm came around my waist while the other held the back of my neck. My mate tilted my head so he could get more from the kiss. His lips tasted a little salty because of the water and they were so wet. But it only seemed to make it hotter.

My hair was in his face, because my hair tie had broken earlier in the water so now my hair was loose. His one hand got tangled in my hair and he pulled me closer so I was flush against him. But when I shifted accidentally, my eyes snapped open when I felt something hard against my inner thigh.

"Finn," I whispered as I tried to pull away once again. I placed my hand on his chest, pushing him down when he sat up to kiss me again.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he licked his slightly swollen lips.