Chapter 6

Word count: 2714

Lenore

I was having a nice sleep but what disturbed it was the sound of something clinking against a metal.

I tried to ignore it, but it was quite impossible because it only got louder, I groaned and buried my face in my rock hard pillow.

But then my pillow kept moving.

I wrapped my arms around it and just held onto it. But out of nowhere my body flipped.

My eyes snapped open. "What the-" I shut up when I saw Finn, a few inches away from me, trying to get out of the hold of the handcuffs.

He was still sleeping but I'm guessing he was also having a nightmare. He started becoming more frustrated as he didn't get out.

Then his eyes flashed open.

They were pitch black and filled with anger. Slowly, I moved away from him until I was at the edge of the bed.

He didn't recognize me cause he just bared his teeth at me, his fangs were out and he definitely did not look so happy.

"Finn," I called out to him.

He shook his head. "Wrong."

I tilted my head in confusion. He was actually talking to me yet he wasn't Finn. What the heck? "Then who?"

"His wolf. I don't think we've met personally. I'm Arsen."

It surprised me how nice he was be- being, but something did not feel right cause I know that his wolf is not very good. He was temperamental.

"Okay. Can you give me Finn back? He needs sleep and doesn't get enough of it," I told him.

Finn... well Arsen shook his head again. "Well what I guess you don't know is that I control him at night. And I doubt that it's gonna change anytime soon."

I tilted my head to the side. "I don't really understand what you mean by that. I know that he has nightmares but this I don't get."

"Its not my place to tell because I'm not Finn and he will be pretty pissed if I told you. And honestly I do not really care about anyone."

"Even me?" I asked.

"Yes. Especially you." Those words hurt.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Because I don't feel any emotions. No offence to you. I don't even care about my brother so don't take it personally," Arsen said.

"My wolf is already in love with you. She finds you very alluring and captivating," I admitted.

He nodded, a smug smile playing on my mate's lips. "I know, it's pretty obvious. I must admit that I havem never been smitten about anyone but she is different."

"I though you said that you don't care about anyone? So why Kennedy?" My question caught him off guard.

He cleared his throat. "I don't. I could kill you in an instant so please do not test me."

Okay, that had me scared.

As I moved away, Arsen rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to do that, Finn would kill me if I did that." Then he looked at the handcuffs. "Can you let me out of them?"

I shook my head. "I can't. You'll go crazy again and run away."

Arsen narrowed his eyes at me. "Do you care about Finn?" When I said yes, he continued, "Then you have to let me go because I need to turn."