Chapter 34

Word count: 3473

Lenore

My shoulders moved to the beat of the music while reading my favorite book.

But I stopped when the music cut off suddenly.

"What the hell?"

I grabbed my laptop and was confused when I saw that the wifi was gone. I tried to reconnect it but it didn't work. It said that there was no connection.

Without even thinking twice, I grabbed my phone and dialled Samuel's number to know what the hell was going on. It never even rung, because in a second across the screen flashed no signal.

"It must be some power cut. Right?" I questioned to myself.

I pulled on a sweater before going outside, only to be met with the guards that had been guarding the house and me for weeks now. "Roger, Phil, what is going on?"

Roger glanced down at me. "Power is out, sweetheart."

"Just like that?"

"Maybe someone knocked over a cellphone tower, I don't know. Phil, contact the alpha."

Phil nodded and mind-linked Samuel, but then a confused look scattered over his features. "It's not working. He is probably busy."

"This is getting terrifying," Roger mumbled. "My mate is probably scared apeless."

Apeless?

"I will just go inside," I mumbled.

Roger patted my head. "It's probably all right, sweetheart. Power cuts happen."

I nodded and then went back inside. I made myself comfortable on the sofa before pulling a blanket over me. I grabbed the picture frame from the small coffee table, before taking a look at it. I traced my fingers over it, stopping on one person.

It had been taken the day Finn had met Dustin and Chelsea for the first time. Chelsea had demanded this random dude to take a picture of us, while her and I were on Finn's and Dustin's backs. Finn was smiling in the photo, while looking up at me. I had my chin resting in the crook of his neck, while kissing his cheek, laughing in the meanwhile.

"We look happy," I mumbled.

I set the picture back down before grabbing my phone, then going straight to my gallery when the folder from Finn and I was. I scrolled through the photos, stopping at a few of them. On one of the pictures, I was sitting on Finn's back while he was in wolf form. Adelia had taken it a while ago.

Another was also taken from the Chelsea and Dustin day. My legs and arms were wrapped around him, while he was standing in the water. I noticed how his hold was tight on my legs, he was laughing while trying to walk in the waves, which kept coming from behind us.

I smiled slightly, before flipping to the next photo, only for it to be a video. I was confused because I hadn't remembered taking it. I pressed play and soon I literally felt my heart break a little when I heard Finn's voice.

It was taken in the water. "Come on, Len. Get on my back," he had ushered me, as I was standing right next to him. I was shaking my head at him. I watched as he tucked a strand of hair behind my hair, before grasping me by the waist and lifting me. I started giggling. "Finn. Put me down," I exclaimed with laughter in my voice as he threw me on his shoulders. I had instantly locked my legs around his neck, holding onto his head.

"Ready to film this, Chelsea?" he asked the camera holder. "Good to go, big boy. Show the world what you've got," came the voice of my best friend. "Len, hold on," he said before he climbed on a rock. "Is it all clear?" he asked, probably Chelsea and Dustin. My eyes were wide in the video as he prepared to jump off the huge rock, into the water with me. "Remember, Len. Hold onto my head and crouch when I jump."