Chapter 2

Word count: 2712

Lenore

I froze as I looked at the two guys in front of me. I wanted to run away as fast as I could, but for some reason I stayed rooted in my spot.

"Tell us, little wolf, what are you doing trespassing our territory?" the same male voice spoke up.

I couldn't say anything because I was in wolf from and there was no way in hell that I was going to shift in front of them.

"She can't speak because she's in wolf form, Rafael," the guy Colin said in a duh tone.

"Like I don't see that you idiot," Rafael spoke.

Then why did you ask me if you knew?

Colin was much younger than Rafael, I would say about nineteen or twenty-years-old. He had auburn hair and the same coloured eyes which were really rare, I would say.

And I mean he was not my mate, but he sure as hell looked like a male model, with his really fit body. I could smell the scent of a female from him which meant that he was mated.

"That's cute," my wolf told me.

Rafael seemed to be in his forties. He had black beard under his nose and chin. He had short black hair that had a little bit of grey in it. He also had grey eyes and was really fit.

Just like all the other damn male wolves.

What surprised me the most was that I couldn't catch a female scent from him, which was really odd. I mean if he was mated then I should've been able to catch a scent.

Also he had this strange dark aura around him that terrified me.

"Should we call the alpha?" Colin asked.

No, I don't want to die yet.

I crossed their territory without no reason, well my stupid wolf told me to go. And then I might've gotten thrown in to the cells or be killed.

I'm too young to die.

Rafael huffed. "Oh please, he probably won't even care." His eyes shifted to mine and I caught an evil glint in his eyes. "We should have some fun with her before."

I gulped and took a step back. I felt fear rise up in the pit of my stomach.

Colin gave Rafael a confused look. "What do you mean by that?"

Rafael just smirked before taking a step towards me, which made me take a step back. "Shift mutt."

Oh, he did not just call me that.

Me being probably as dumb as fućk, I suddenly turned around so fast and took off sprinting towards my pack.

The only problem was that I didn't know which way I came, so I just ran without even caring where I was going. All I knew was that I had to get out of there.

"No! You have to go back," Kennedy screamed in my head.

Damn, that made my head hurt.

I didn't know how long I was running, but I stopped when I reached a lonely area. My paws were hurting and I felt exhausted.

What happened next, went by so fast. One minute I was about to lay on the ground to take a deep breath. And the next thing I knew was that I suddenly felt like I had been hit in the side and I was thrown against a tree.

I fell on the ground with a loud thud, a whimper escaped my mouth as I fell on my side.

I was gasping for air as I looked up and saw none other than Rafael standing a few feet away from me with Colin running to his side.