Chapter 37

Word count: 3179

Lenore

I whimpered as the whip struck harder than before.

Remember The Caribbean Pirates, the scene where Will was on that ship, then he was hurt? I thought. Yeah, that's the thing he's using.

Or well something like that.

I felt as if my body was burning.

I clawed at the restraints, feeling tears well up in my eyes. "I should reject you. I should fućking reject you."

That caused him to stop, he froze at my words.

"What did you just say?"

"I should reject you. I want to do it so badly," I cried out.

Finn instantly cupped my face in his hands, framing it. "N-No. You're not rejecting me."

I bucked my hips, making him stumble back. "You have no say in this. I hate you, Finn."

For a second, his eyes flashed back to their normal color, but that didn't last long, because they were soon dark again. "You don't hate me, you're just mad at me, but it will pass. You don't hate me, Lenore."

"Goddamnit!" I yelled, anger boiling inside me. "Stupid fućking mate bond! This is the reason why I can't hate you. I keep wishing that I could, but I can't because my heart won't let me. I want to hate you, goddamn I want to hate you. I want to even punch you so hard that you'll be unconscious."

He seemed taken aback by my sudden outburst. "Well, you can't hate me."

I shot him a pointed look. "Actually, I can. I can fućking hate you and after I reject you then I will be the happiest person ever. You can go to hell and live in misery for the rest of your life! Go fućk yourself for all I care!"

Finn narrowed his eyes at me. "You don't mean that."

"Oh, but I do." Then I added, "Go fućk yourself, be a drunkie, a drug dealer. I don't fućking care. Do whatever you want with your life because I don't give a flying fućk. Because once I reject you then I will be the happy one, I won't let it destroy me."

Finn growled and then slammed his fists by my head. "I won't let that happen. You're never going to reject me."

I glared at him, baring my teeth. "Fućk you! I should fućking reject you for what you've been doing. Maybe even do it when you're not here."

I watched as he raised his hand.

But just as it was about to connect with my face, I bucked my hips once more, making him stumble back. "No! There are two things you will never do. Which is cheat on me and hit me!"

Finn didn't say anything.

"Raise your voice at me, command me, beat me with your belt, torture me, I don't fućking care. But don't you ever lay a hand on me by yourself. I don't care if you do any of those other things, but don't you ever lay a hand on me."

He didn't answer and instead took a deep breath while grabbing a hold of his hair.

"Don't ever do that again," I warned him. "Because if you ever again try to raise a hand at me even then you can bet your ass that I will reject you without a single care. That would be a road which you can't come back from."

I watched him pace back and forth, whispering things that I couldn't understand.

"Creepy much?" Kennedy asked.

Slowly, quietly, I scratched the restraints, my claws were out which meant that I could do it. Finn didn't even seem to notice that I was doing it because he seemed too focused on whatever he was muttering to himself.