Episode {68}

Today is one of the worst days of my life. Every year this day will make me curl into a ball and cry until I don't have any more tears to shed. March 25th, the day when I saw my parents die in front of my eyes. Today marks their one year anniversary since they died. It's a very emotional day and I've barely had the energy to do anything. School was terrible, I kept zoning out at every class, and think about my mum and dad. The same memory keeps playing over and over in my head. When that rapist pulled the trigger.

I take a deep breath, the five hundredth deep breath I took today and continue applying my foundation. Although it's Tuesday, I'm going back to Arizona to pay a visit to the cemetery. I'm catching a flight to Phoenix. I'll do anything to revisit their graves. I refuse to miss it. Harry doesn't even know I'm leaving, I've been trying to tell him all day but he hasn't picked up his phone once.

I dab some blush, coat my eyes with mascara, put on some lipstick and finally braid my hair. I pick up my phone from the bed and try dialing Harry again. Linds is on her bed, doing her homework and she knows where I'm going. She hasn't fully recovered from that accident but she's quite strong, like me. 

"Hey Yas.." Harry's voice comes on.

"Harry! I've been trying to call you all day. What happened?" I ask in relief that he finally picked up.

"I left my phone at home. What's wrong?" Harry asks me.

"I'm flying to Phoenix, and I thought you might want to know." I reply. 

I struggle to put in my things while on the phone, and Linds notices, so she stands up and gives me a soft smile, offering me a hand. I thankfully nod and point at the things to put in my bag. She puts in Harry's black hoodie, my phone charger, my purse, my keys, my passport and more.

"You're what?" Harry asks me.

"I'm flying to Phoenix." I respond.

"Flying to Phoenix? What the fuck Yasmin? You didn't think this would be something that I'd need to know?" Harry asks annoyed.

"I tried to cal you, but you didn't pick up!" I argue.

"Couldn't you have told me yesterday?" 

"I forgot.." I sigh.

"Fine, why are you leaving?" 

"It's been a year." I cut short, hoping he'll pick up what I'm talking about.

"A year of what?" 

"Since they died." I hiss, mad.

Linds raises her eyebrows and I just sigh loudly. She puts in my headphones and I silently thank her.

"...Oh." He simply says. "Wait why are you going to Phoenix?" 

"I'm visiting their graves." I sigh going back into the bathroom to check how I look.

"What time are you leaving?"

"I just need to finish packing my bag and then I'll go catch the bus to the airport." I reply, running my hands through my hair.

"Forget it I'll drive you there." Harry says and I can already tell he's made up his mind.

"You don't need to." 

"Shut up I'm already out the door." He hangs up and I sigh.

I go back to my room where Linds is zipping up my bag.

"Are you sure you have everything you need?" She asks me with a small smile.

I softly nod,"Thank you for helping me Linds."