Episode {24}

Author's Note:Updated=22/10/2013

Hello, you're welcome for an update during school days ;) You only waited two days!! Hehe, enjoy babes! 

Chickenialls

*Yasmin's POV*

Today is Thursday and my lectures finish at two. This might be my favourite day of the week because I finish earlier than usual and that puts a huge smile on my face. I'm currently scribbling the chemistry homework that I've just been given, in messy and quick handwriting. I finish it and shut the diary closed. I put it in my bag along with my pocket case and books. I take out my phone and reply to a text message from my uncle.  As I type out the message, I step out of class, and into the sunshine. 

Yes funnily enough, today it's sunny. Not too sunny, but at least it's sunny compared to the usual weather. The temperature has rised by five degrees today, and even though it's windy, at least the wind isn't as cold as always.

I debate with myself if I should go and get something to eat or go straight to my dorm. It'd be a shame to spend such a lovely day in my room. I'd rather be out here,enjoying the weather while it lasts. Outside it is! I decide to head down the road and buy my favourite subway sandwich, chicken and bacon ranch melt. The shop is quite filled with students but thankfully there are a lot of cash registers, so I pick one that only has one girl in queue and wait for my turn.

Walking out of Subway with my sandwich in my hand and an iced tea in the other, I look around me wondering where I can sit down to eat this. The campus is full as usual. I look around me once more before deciding on going to a nearby public garden. 

I sit down on the damp grass, beside a small tree and spread out my legs, putting the cup on the side. I open the box to find that it's still warm, perfect! I take a bite and I smile in appreciation. Subways is always so fantastic. I love the sanwiches, they're amazing! 

There's so much quiet and peace here, that I could fall asleep. The area where I'm at is empty, but other areas are occupied with a lot of couples.

I sit back and reflect on what has been happening to my life ever since I started University. It's so different and weird being away from my family. I miss my aunt and uncle. After my parents were killed, I broke down and I thought there was nothing else for me in this cruel and unfair world. But my aunt and uncle, they fixed me as best as they could, they showed me that life goes on. From then on, they were my anchors that kept me grounded. 

Now, I haven't seen them in a month and I  find it odd and lonely. I wonder if Ashley is still baking and cooking her favourite cakes and cupcakes, or if Jason still goes to his usual pub every Friday. I wonder how they're living. It must be different, well I've lived with them for only eight months and they had children but they're all grown up, at colleges like me. 

I take out a chicken strip and start cutting it in small parts with my fingers because I have nothing else to do. I pop into my mouth and continue playing with the food.

"What the fuck are you doing?" 

I sharply look up at the voice, and find Harry, directly in front of me, blocking the sun. He's wearing a light khaki shirt that's rolled up at the sleeves and the first three buttons are undone, so half of his upper body is a little exposed, and with a pair of black skinny jeans. He always wear these, to be honest, every time I see him, he's either wearing these in black or in blue. It's like an obsession.

His eyebrows are raised up and he's a bit amused yet confused.

"What are you doing here?" I groan, chewing some lettuce and cucumber.