Episode {49}

Updated=22/02/2014

*Harry's POV*

I put on my black coat and grab my wallet and phone and push them in my pockets.

I walk down the stairs as I text Yasmin, only to find my mother at the bottom of the staircase with a disappointed frown. Here we go again...

"Did you really have to?" She asks as I reach the last step.

"He was being a d-"

"Stop it. Don't you dare speak about your father like that." She scolds me so sharply that I flinch.

"There are so many kids out there who would do anything to have a father and you have one and you treat him like dirt."

Immediately Yasmin comes to my mind and guilt washes over me. Mum is right,Yasmin would do anything if it meant she could talk to her father again yet I have one,who's healthy and alive but I ignore him.

"I treat him how he treats me."I reply glaring at her.

"Harry just stop."

"Stop what?" I roll my eyes.

"Stop being angry." She mutters.

"Why are you so difficult?" She sighs disappointingly.

I shrug.

"Harry please try. I know it's still hard and I know you still have some sort of anger directed towards your father because of what he said when your sister died,but it's time to let go."

I wasn't expecting her to figure it out, but it's true. Sometimes I get bad dreams, of what my dad said when they found out she died, how he punched me so hard, I almost felt my teeth crack. I remember everything so clearly and precisely that it haunts me. If I could forget it, I would because it's a very painful memory, but it's impossible.

"He still thinks that I'm a useless piece of shit." I reply looking down, blocking her out of my sight.

"He doesn't." She replies.

"Harry, you're so distant to me and your dad. It upsets me so much. I love you but it's like you don't love us back and it hurts. We already lost one child,we don't want to lose you as well." Tears are in her eyes and this weakens me but I try to act like it didn't reflect on me.

"Mum I love you. I do,of course I do." I mutter feeling awkward, I'm not one who says those three words very often to my parents... I used to, but not anymore.

"And we love you more. So much more." She rubs her eyes. "We need you around us Harry. You're our only child left."

Without telling me,she throws herself in my arms and she squeezes me hard. My mother hasn't hugged me this tight in ages,that for a minute it takes everything in me not to push her back, because I don't want her to think that I'm weak, but being in my mother's arms,makes me feel safe and so much better. I hesitate but I hug her back tightly and I hear her sob.

"Don't cry mum."

She finally pulls back and gives me a small eyes with her red eyes.

"Do you want to have lunch with us tomorrow?"

"Where?" I ask.

"Here in the living room." Her eyes are pleading and I sigh.

"Fine,lunch for all of us. What time?"

"Let's have it around two." She decides.

I nod.

"Very well,you should go or you'll be late for your dinner date."