Episode {58}

Updated=21/04/2014

*Harry's POV*

The Christmas spirit in San Francisco is strong and very alive. Christmas lights decorate the entire city and decorations are at every corner you turn to. My mum always loved Christmas, she says it's the only holiday that gathers the family together. It's a joyful and a very merry holiday for her. She floods the house with decorations every year. She puts two Christmas trees, a mini tree in the corridor and the usual one in the living room. As it has always been a tradition that the family puts the presents under the Christmas tree, mum does the same, which I think is rather stupid but whatever.

It's the 24th of December and today is the day that Yasmin is going back to her family to celebrate Christmas with them. As I remember correctly during the Halloween party she asked me if I'd like to come and I said no, only with the reason that we weren't ready for such a big step, but now I feel like I am. She's staying there till Monday the 30th, nine days in all. She's coming back on Tuesday to celebrate the new year with me. I'm leaving early tomorrow as my family wants me to be there for the usual Christmas Eve dinner and it's not fair to miss that dinner over Yasmin's family. Yasmin will be back for the New Year's Eve dinner that my mother also hosts. She's going to be with my family and I'm excited for that. My mum and dad have met her already, but they only chat for a couple of minutes, this time it's going to be different. Although I'd quite enjoy doing something else rather than the same dinner but it's special to my mum so I can't disappoint.

"Remember to be polite dear, first impressions are the most important impressions." My mum lectures as she walks out the door behind me.

I roll my eyes for like the fifth time. "Mum I got it. You repeated that fifty times already." 

"Oh sorry dear. I just want them to like you." 

"If they don't like me it's their problem." I shrug getting in the car.

"Just try alright?" She rests her hands on the rolled window.

I nod,"Yeah, yeah. See ya tomorrow." I put in my keys and turn them.

"Have fun and say hello to Yasmin for me." She kisses my cheek and I nod.

I pick up Yasmin and her excitement is very visible. "Crank up the music, grab some soda from the back, and relax because we've got quite a drive in front of us!" I announce.

Before I start the car, I take out a CD from the pocket of the car door. 

"Look what I bought especially for today." I say showing her the CD.

Her eyes enlarge and a big smile erupts on her face. "You got the AM CD?" 

"I did!" I laugh.

"Oh my god, Harry play it please!" 

I laugh again and insert the disk in the slot.

"Which one do you want to listen to?" 

She scans the back of the CD and shrugs,"Let's start from the beginning."

I nod and the music fills in the car.

The flight from here to her town, Dallas is only four hours. I spend those four hours fast asleep, not even bothering once to wake up. I can use all the sleep I can get, I did stay up at night thinking about her family which didn't leave much sleep for me.

When we finally arrive, it's already five, and by the time the taxi takes us to her house, it's half past five. I thought we'd arrive earlier, but I guess being an hour late isn't that big of a deal, she said that loads of family come at this time so it's alright. She leaves me to pay the taxi driver while she gets out her large suitcase. Since I'm leaving early in the morning I didn't bring anything except money, and a bottle of a very expensive wine that mum told me to give.