Episode {53}

04/03/2014

*Yasmin's POV*

My brain feels like it's about to explode. Harry went from arguing with me, to talking about love in the span of about ten minutes. I have to admit, when he brought up love it immediately scared me because I am scared of falling in love, it's too much of a risky thing. On the other hand, it's a sign of relief, because this means that Harry is indeed taking us seriously. I get up with shaky legs and open the door. My aunt and uncle stare at me and Harry as we leave my old bedroom. They both walk down the stairs and we follow them in the kitchen.

"Yasmin, Harry,take a seat." Ashley calmly says gesturing her hand to the empty chairs around the dining table.

We both sit down and wait patiently for what they're about to say. 

"We just wanted to tell you Harry that we don't hate you." Ashley starts.

Harry raises his eyebrows and he looks like he's about to comment, so I instantly squeeze his hand under the table. He closes his mouth again and makes no movement. 

"It's our job to protect Yasmin, as we gave our word to her parents that if something ever happened to them, we'd take care of her." Ashley calms goes on, her eyes flicking to mine.

I gulp down the lump that was forming in my throat and try my best to stay strong, I certainly don't want to cry in front of all of them.

"We want the best for her and when we found out that she met a new boy, well, we wanted to find out if he's worth keeping." 

"You can just cut to the part where you say that you don't approve of me, you don't need to create a speech." Harry snaps grumbling.

Ashley chuckles,"Well actually Harry, this was a trick to test your manners and who you are." Ashley goes on.

I widen my eyes and Harry does the same. "Wait what?" I spit out.

Jason grins at me,"We're good actors aren't we?" 

"Wait, Uncle J, you mean ,you pretended that you disapproved of Harry, and you pretended to hate him, just to see who he is?" I ask confused.

They both nod and I turn to Harry. He looks just as speechless as me and we stay quiet for a moment, not able to comprehend what we're hearing.

"So you like me?" Harry asks.

Jason snorts and responds with,"Certainly not." 

I furrow my eyebrows while Harry immediately fires back a response. "What the fuck is going on?" 

"We wanted to see your ugly side." Ashley says shortly.

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." Harry rolls his eyes. 

"Watch it Harry, we can still kick you out." Jason chuckles.

"Can I talk to you guys for a second?" I ask my family.

They nod and wait for what I'm about to say.

"Um, in private?" I ask.

Harry looks up confused and I ignore his look as my family stands up and walks out of the kitchen to the hallway.

"What's wrong love?" Ashley asks.

"It's just, I don't understand what you're aiming for. Are you trying to get on Harry's bad side?"

Jason sighs with a smile,"No darlin, we wanted to find out how he is. You never know someone until you get them angry." 

I cross my arms,"So do you like him or not?"