Episode {1}

*Yasmin POV*

I looked at the reflection that was staring back at me. In my leather jacket I look fearless but I'm actually not. I look down at my lips, seeing no type of emotion or expression, they were once a light pink colour and they were lively. Now? They're just another feature in my lifeless, unemotional face.

I grab my bag and hurry down the stairs, feeling upset knowing that it will be a long time until I come back here. I fiddle with the hem of my jacket as I look around the normal house. Nothing was different, everything was in place, where it should be. Except for my bedroom. The wardrobe is empty, the dressing table is empty as well, the posters aren't hung on the walls, they're in my luggage, the frames with the most memorable times aren't sitting on the desk or the windowsill or the bedside table, they're all stacked neatly in bubble wrap in my luggage.

I flinch when I feel someone's hand on my shoulder.

"It's time to go, honey."

I grabbed my aunt's hand and intertwined it with mine.

It should be mum's hand.

After a short flight we land in San Francisco. In fifteen minutes I find myself staring at the big school. This is it. Stanford University, one of the best in the states. All those countless hours of burying myself in large books and files finally paid off. As soon as I see my aunt and uncle get out of the car, I immediately let out a sob.

"Everything's going to be alright." Aunt Ashley tells me as she gives me a tight hug.

"I love you so much." I say trying to keep myself from crying hard.

"I know baby, I love you just as much as you, possibly more."

I let go of the hug and wipe my eyes as I wait for uncle Jason to take out all of my luggage.

"Your mother and father are very proud of you Yasmin." He says with sympathy.

"I know." I reply quietly.

I don't know how it happened, but now when someone brings up my mum, or my dad, I don't burst out crying. Maybe it's because it's been eight months, since it happened, since my life fell apart, but now when they're mentioned I stay calm.

After he takes out the rest of my luggage, we all grab a few and walk inside the building that I'll be spending more than two years at.There are students everywhere you look,parents and other relatives all emotional.

At the receiption desk there's a petite lady, around the age of thirty and when she sees us she smiles.

"Hi, can I help you?" She asks cheerfully.

"Yes, Yasmin Hastings please."

"Right. Well this is your dorm key. Follow the signs from here and they'll guide you to dorm 219, on floor 5. Here's the schedule and the guide book and everything you need. If you have any problems come find me, don't worry I'm here to provide all the help I can give." She gives me a genuine smile.

"Thanks." I mutter as I politely take the stuff she gives me and follow my aunt and uncle to the lift.

"Do you need any help with the luggage?" The receptionist asks me.

"Yes actually." Uncle Jason replies.

She asks two guys dressed up in matching shirts with the stanford university logo written on the back, and they take my luggages and disappear.

We thankfully nod and take the lift up to the fifth floor.

"This is your dorm." Aunt Ashley says after we had walked five metres deep in the corridor.

I face the white door with the three black numbers planted firmly in the middle top of it.

This will be my 'home' from now on.

"Call us whenever you get the chance okay? I want to know how your first day goes or else I'll start worrying. Remember classes start in an hour, so use this hour to settle in okay? Hang your clothes, take out your frames, try your best to make youself feel at home." She lectures with a smile on her small face.

"I will, I promise." I reply.

"We love you so much! We're going to miss you a lot, we'll think about you everyday." She pulls me into a long lasting hug.

"I love you Auntie. Thank you for everything you've done for me. Thank you for taking care of me. I can never thank you enough." I say feeling the tears rolling down.

"It was a pleasure having you with us. You don't need to thank us. We did it because we love you."

I hug her even tighter and a tearful laugh escapes her mouth.

"Stay safe, and don't get involved with dangerous boys, promise?" She tells me pulling away from the hug.

I almost snort. "I won't get invovled with any boy, trust me." I try to smile bravely.

"Come here, ya big old doll." Uncle Jason holds me closely as I hug him with all my might and strength.

He has been my father figure for eight months and I can never thank him enough for all the love and support.

"I'm so proud of you. You've achieved what you wanted, I couldn't be prouder than this." He whispers.

"Thank you for being an amazing uncle."

I couldn't force myself to open the door and step inside and leave everything and everyone behind me.

"Stay safe sweety."

I smile bravely again and then I insert my key and twist it twice, before I push it open.

I stare at the room ahead of me for a while, before they both hug me and kiss my cheek and promise me that they'll always remember and love me. They start walking away slowly and for a second I just want to run to them and beg them to take me away from here.

But I could not do such a thing.

I took a deep breath and stepped inside my dorm.

¬

Updated=3/07/2013

this chapter is just like a long introduction,it was the beginning,I know it was boring but I promise the next chapter wont.

what do you think happened to her parents?

I bought a new phone and im really happy with it and im currently updating from my phone :)

ao if you read the a/n comment with "4th of july :)"

love ya all and thanks for the lovely feedback ♥

-chickenialls