"Something must have triggered it. Are you stressed about something honey? Is there something going on?" She had the most caring eyes I have ever seen.

"It was just a nightmare. I'm sorry for scaring you. " I looked around me, to the empty room. "How did I got here?"

She eyed me with a curious look and she answered, almost like she was whispering. "Professor Snape found you and carried you here on his arms. He... must be very fond of you, darling."

"Why do you say that?"

She smiled softly. "Well, he spent the night on your bedside, he just left before you wake up."

****

By the end of the day, she discharged me from the hospital wing and I headed towards the great hall. Probably the last dinner before Christmas would be starting by now, and I still wanted to attend to it.

When I entered the great hall, some of the student's' heads turned to watch me. As Madame Pomfrey informed me, someone replaced me on my classes today, so the students were worried. Harry, Hermione, and Ron ran to me.

"We heard about what happened. How are you feeling?" Hermione asked.

"I'm feeling fine. Thank you. But there's no need to worry. These things can happen to anyone."

"Well, we're glad you're ok. We missed your classes, the other teacher wasn't so good as you." She said.

I thanked her and took my place by Snape's' side on the teachers' table. Dumbledore had a smile on his face, looking at me and Snape had his stern expression, as always, but his eyes had this unexpected worry gleam.

"I see you feel better to join us. You got us all worried." Dumbledore spoke to me with his caring tone as always.

"Thank you for your concern. I feel much better now." I smiled and ate dinner quietly. Lockhart interrupted my thoughts with a question that gave a knot on my throat.

"So, Angelina. Where are you going to spend your Christmas holidays?"

"Ahm... With family?" I asked, hoping it would end the conversation, but he wouldn't give up easily.

"Oh, I hope you enjoy Christmas with your loved ones and that you have lots of presents." He said with a mocking tone on his voice. I didn't want anyone to know about my story, about my past. I never told anyone about it and only Dumbledore, Minerva and Snape know about a part of what happened to me. The way Lockhart was talking, it seemed like he knew who I was.

"Excuse me, I need to rest now." I got up quickly and headed for my chambers, tears already forming on my eyes. When I left the table I heard Minverva grumble with him for being indelicate. 

Tears were falling down my eyes intensively and I entered my private room, hoping I would find comfort on my bed. But before I entered the bedroom, I heard a knock on the door. Hesitantly I opened it, after wiping my tears away.

"May I come in?" I stepped out of the way and let Snape enter the room. "How are you feeling?"

"Amazingly, can't you see?" I asked a little too annoyed and full of sarcasm.

"Oh... Ahm, I'm sorry to bother you. I'll leave you be." He was surprised by my tone.

"No. Don't. I'm sorry. This isn't your fault. You're just a convenient target," I sat on the couch and he mimicked me. We stayed quiet for a while until Snape decided to speak.

"Dumbledore asked me to watch out for you when he decided to call you for the job. He asked me to protect you, that you would be important on our fight against what's to come."

"He did?" Snape nodded with his head. "Well, that doesn't surprise me. He is Dumbledore after all. God know's' what going on in his head." I smiled. "Thank you."

"I failed today. That piece of trash, Lockhart. He knows about you. I don't know how, but he does."

I buried my face on my hands and then pulled my hair back in despair and sighed. "I knew this day would come. Someone would know who I am and I'll be damned by it."

"He will stay quiet. I'll make sure of it."

I eyed him carefully, thinking about he was saying but I just smiled and said: "Thank you."

"Dumbledore also asked me to teach you to defend yourself with your wand. Whenever you want, just schedule it."

He was being oddly kind to me. And even though his severe expression didn't change a bit, I could hear his voice calmer and his eyes softer. "Thank you. Probably after Christmas. Certainly, you have someone to spend the night with."

He eyed me for a while, clearly thinking about what to answer and he opened his mouth to speak, but he closed it. And after a few seconds, he finally said: "Tomorrow then. After lunch meet me in my chambers."

And then he got out and left the room, closing the door behind me.

It seems I won't be spending Christmas alone then. I thought to myself. Interesting.