Chapter 1

The day I received a letter from a mysterious owl got me startled. I've been hiding for the past three years from the magical world and somehow they still found me. I mean, Dumbledore found me. 

I was a student in Hogwarts a few years back. When I was at school I was the happiest and the smartest girl you could know. But when it was time to get back home... Well, I looked like another different person.

Events of my previous life made me run away from Hogwarts on my 5th grade, away from my parents, and away from magic. 

I've been living as a common Muggle, trying to survive one day at a time. 

If you looked at me, you would say I was failing, but trust me, I don't pity myself like that anymore. I live with what life gives to me and I don't expect anything else.

When I opened Dumbledore's' letter, my mouth opened in astonishment. I admired the man when I was his student and I still admire him after all these years.

Dear Angelina Black.

For years you've known nothing but pain and sadness. For years I watched you in your own world. And I can't be a witness of that solitude anymore.

You have no idea how much special you are. How much you can achieve one day. I know you just need the right opportunity. Which, I must say, I've very honored to give you. I saw the way you live in the Muggle world. You above anyone else, even me, have knowledge about their world that could be interesting to our dearest students. 

That said, I humbly ask you to join Hogwarts as a teacher of Muggle's' Studies. You won't need to bring anything. Everything you need can be found on your cozy chambers.

I hope you accept this job, I'm desperate to find someone so highly capable as you are.

I'm familiar with your story and anything you need, I'll be honored to provide.

Please, accept the request and wait for me tonight in front of the red bridge by 6 P.M.

Dark times are coming. I know you felt it too. Even though you don't know yet why you can sense something is about to happen. If you accept this offer, you will be told everything. That's all I can say for now.

We can only be close to our loved ones and hope for the best.

I hope I'll see you tonight.

With my regards,

Dumbledore

And the official seal of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

How would he know how to find me? Well, it's Dumbledore we're talking about. Of course, he would know where I was. But how would he know about my life? About my unexplainable senses. 

For months I've been feeling something different. Something bad. But I didn't know why. It was this tightness inside my chest, a lump in the throat and weirds headaches.

This man never fails to surprise me. But is he that dumb to invite me to Hogwarts, as a teacher? I never even finished my classes, how could I be able to teach others.

These last three years I've been away from everyone, I didn't want to be attached to people. In a school like that, it would be impossible. I should be careful.

But what am I talking about?

Me? A teacher? 

Could I become a good teacher or those hated by every student? Would they mock me as I did back in my time? Or would they love me like they all love Dumbledore?

Faster than the speed of light, thoughts were racing in my head, but I almost didn't acknowledge what I was doing. I was getting out of the abandoned house I was living, with Dumbledore's' letter in my hand and heading to our meeting point.

It was dark. People were already home, dining with their happy families. And I was wishing I had a normal family instead of one raised by the devil himself. 

My family came from a long lineage of true-bloods wizards. They were only allowed to marry someone true-blood and with the same beliefs. I was the black sheep of the family as I was sorted to Gryffindor and made friends with half-bloods.

Violence was their way to teach me their beliefs. My parent's' mansion had several rooms, with expensive furniture. But I was confined to the dungeons, to sleep on a hard and cold floor. I made a promise to never go back there and, until now, I never broke it.

Memories were flowing through my head and tears were clouding my vision, as I didn't feel the presence of one the most powerful wizards of the world.

"Hello, Angel. It's good to see you." 

His voice was caring but demanding. He came with a mission and he was certain he would accomplish it.

"Hello, professor. Good to see you too."

"I see you received my letter and I can't say how happy I am to see you here." He eyed me carefully, but a sad look came across his face. Pitty? Disgust? I don't know. "I won't ask you how you've been doing, because that would be ungracious of me. But I can tell you one thing, your life will get better if you accept. I promise you."

"How? I didn't even finish my studies. How will I be capable of doing such a thing as teaching?"

He thought for a second. He always did that when he was trying to think of something smart to convince you to do anything for him.

"Let me tell you a secret about teaching. You're also a student. You never know everything about anything. You'll be learning every day and you'll get better every day. My best professors are still learning things every year. And I couldn't be happier with their results. Like I selected them to Hogwarts and was successful, I believe you will turn out to be the same. You just need to believe in yourself. You'll be cherished, you'll find friends and you could find even more. Just come with me to Hogwarts and I'll show you how happy you can be."

"I don't know professor..."

"Call me Dumbledore, you'll be my colleague after all. Besides." He sighed, his kind smile fading away slightly. "I have a mission for you. A very important mission."

"What mission?"

"You want to know more? You come with me. All I can tell you is that, after everything that is about to be known, you will want to be close to loved ones."

I laughed but it was more a muffled cry. "I don't have anyone, you know that."

"Oh." He laughed. "But you will."

He holds a hand in front of me, but just I eyed him carefully, thinking about everything he asked me. Hopefully, I wasn't dreaming, and Albus Dumbledore himself was in front of me, asking me to go back to Hogwarts as a teacher. - Yeah, how could I ever dream with something like this? - I hesitated for a while, but feeling ing his piecing gaze burn inside my brain, I ended up taking his hand.