If only you knew...

Start from the beginning

"You got Kobi to spy on us?" I screeched, not at all happy. 

I could literally feel him cringe away from the phone, flinching at the harsh tone in my voice. 

"I know, that was a dickhead move."

"You're fucking right about that, asshole." Theo commented, still glaring at the phone. 

"Listen, I thought it was better that I come clean about it." Jay admitted, sighing in defeat. "He was fine with giving vague information until one day, he randomly promised to get in-depth information about the two of you. You could say I was intrigued."

"You were...intrigued?" Theo deadpanned, his brow furrowing a little.

"I was intrigued because he was willing to go the extra mile to go behind his Alpha's back, and spy on him. That was when I first thought, there is something not right with this guy."

"He's a fucking creepy weirdo, let me tell you that." I retorted, thinking about the latest encounter. 

"When I asked him to keep an eye on you guys, I said it half-heartedly but he took it seriously. I was kind of going along with it, mainly because I wanted to figure him out."

"The other reason being spying on us." Theo piped up, still salty about it. 

"Honestly, it did begin like that." Jay admitted. "However, the more and more I interacted with him, the more I wanted to delve into who he was. I was slowly but surely gaining his trust and I-"

"Gaining his trust, how?" I asked. 

"By acting like a fucking idiot, that can easily be manipulated and pushed around." He replied bitterly. "The guy is a control freak, I realised that and decided to play the weak role. The guy is probably laughing at how naïve I've been, wondering how someone like me will be an Alpha."

"Little did he know..." Theo muttered beside me. 

"Little did he know I was the one deceiving him." Jay chuckled dryly. "He told me about how a group was helping him get stronger, that they were powerful and were able to provide all the information I wanted." 

"The Rogue Force." I snarled, my lips curling back in disgust.

"I had a hunch, but it wasn't confirmed until the day they attacked at my graduation." He continued. "I made a little bit of a scene once I figured it out, making it more plausible that 'I hadn't known all along.'"

"And he bought it?" 

"Didn't even question it, he would've had suspicions if I hadn't have made a scene. He managed to 'calm me down' and get me used to the idea. I was actually so pissed off, because of him I had that fucking silver box strapped to me."

"You managed to get that off right?" I asked quickly. 

"Yeah, of course." He said reassuringly. "Matt didn't even struggle trying to take it off. Anyway, yesterday I was getting bored of being tagged along when I wasn't getting any new information. I was so close to telling you that he was working with The Rogue Force before he finally dropped new information."

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Theo asked. 

"I didn't want you to act differently around him, he definitely would've caught on and sped up to complete his plan. Yesterday, he asked me if I missed Elisia to which I replied 'yes'. He promised to get Elisia back the next day."

"That mother-fucker." Theo growled, his veins popping from his forearm from gripping the leather seats. "I'll kill him."

I shook my head, disgusted by Kobi's conniving ways.