Ephriam X depressed!Reader

Spoiler alert! If you don't know what happens to Ephraim's Father I advice you not to read this!
Also may be out of character because I only got heroes for him oops.AlSO it's hard for me to express depression in words so yeah.

Requested by: @Lostmysanitylovebnha

Role: Summoner

Y/N had learned how to handle a weapon herself, thanks to Ephraim she learned how to use a lance. So every afternoon Eohiram would invite them to spar together for a bit, but Y/N would always lose. A few days into the sparring he began to notice her odd behavior. She looked upset, or disturbed. He didn't know what had upset her though.

"Hey Y/N want to train today? " Ephraim asked her. She looked up at him and forced a smile,

"I.. I don't feel like it today. Perhaps tomorrow Ephraim, sorry. " She apologized. Maybe she's just tired, he convinced himself. It's not like everyone has to train every day. Y/N walked away as Ephraim watched her. He followed her, admittedly he thought it was creepy at first but he was too worried to care. Alfonse had spoken to her about the next upcoming battle. Her smile was so forced, after Alfonse left Y/N had a frown on her face, it looked as if she wanted to cry right there and then. She tugged her hood over her head letting a sniffle out. Ephraim being Ephraim, he lost balance of himself and got caught.

"Haaah! " He said balancing himself back up to not fall on his face.

"Ephraim...? O-Oh gods I'm sorry you had to see that part of me.. " Y/N spoke wiping her tears away. "Well uh.. did you need something..? " Y/N asked.

"I don't.. but do you? " Ephraim questioned with pure worry.

"Oh gods no.. I'm just the dead weight frolicking around the castle, you guys do more for me than I can do in years. " Y/N answered, she was smiling as she spoke though, but still looked as if she was about to cry again. Ephraim patted her head, not knowing exactly what to do. "Huh.."

"You're not dead weight, everyone knows that. You help us all in some way or form. Don't say that about yourself Y/N... I... really.. don't like when you downgrade yourself. " Ephraim added. His cheeks were red, he could feel the heat on them.

"I.. I don't know about that Ephraim. " Y/N answered. " I realized in our spare I would never be able to kill a man, yet I make you all do that everyday while I sit and watch. I feel so.. useless and weak. " Y/N added on.

"Ephraim we need you over here! " Erika exclaimed.

"Thank you Ephraim for trying to cheer me up. " Y/N spoke, before he could say a thing she left to wherever she may be. Instead on focusing on what he was supposed to be doing he was trying to figure out how to help Y/N with the brain he has. He wanted to see a genuine smile, he didn't like to see her cry, it made him want to cry too.

"Ephraim? Were you listening at all? " Erika asked.

"Oh! Sorry! What was it? " Ephraim replied, Erika looked worried.

"Brother, what's worrying you? " She inquired, he sighed in response.

"It's Y/N, I can't tell why she's so sad.. I get upset when she's upset. " Ephraim explained.

"Oh.. I think I know what you mean, she has this gloomy aura, I don't know but when you weren't here she was extremely happy all the time, but a few battles she became more sad as it went on. Perhaps she hates violence? "   Erika suggested.

"Everyone does, but it doesn't seem to scare her too much. " Ephraim said while thinking. He thought of what she said before Erika had called him over. "I think she feels like she's not needed in some way.. from what I can tell. " Ephraim explained, Erika gasped.

"That makes sense! I once looked at her while everyone was on the battle field, she seemed upset! " Erika exclaimed.

"We should confront her about it then. " Ephraim stated, Erika shook her head at her twin.

"I think you should go, she favors you over all of us. " Erika told him.

"I guess I can, well. I'll see you in a while Erika. " Ephraim said, he headed to her room first. He knocked on the door hoping for an answer. "Y/N, may I come in? " Ephraim announced. No answer. He heard footsteps from the corner and turned around quickly.

"Oh.. Ephraim.. " Y/N said, she averted her eyes from him.

"Y/N! I was just looking for you! I have something I want to ask. " Ephraim told her. Y/N's cheeks turned hot red.

"Go on, I have all the time in the world. " Y/N responded.

"I was wondering why you feel down.. I want to help in any way I can. " Ephraim said. He wanted to put his hand on her cheek but thought she would think bad of him. Y/N's red cheeks soon disappeared once she heard his words.

"Oh.. I'm.. fine. " Y/N replied.

"No you're not! Why were you crying then? " Ephraim inquired, he was riled up.

"Ephraim! " Y/N yelled at him, tears in both of her eyes. Causing him to stop. "Don't you ever feel mad at me for ordering you around when I do nothing? " Y/N explained.

"No! I'd do anything if you told me to! " Ephraim exclaimed grabbing her hands. She slapped them away.

"Well don't! You could die if I made a mistake! " She yelled at him. "Not everyone is as carefree as you! " Y/N yelled at him. She rushed inside her room and slammed the door. He could hear her sniffles from the other side of the door, it made him upset as well.

"Y'know Y/N, before I came here my Father had died. I had thought he'd outlive us all. I think about my fathers death a lot.. but I can't let that define my life. My situation may not be the same but I think you don't need to worry. " Ephraim said. His tone was gentle and calm. On the other side of the door was Y/N thinking.

"I'm sorry.." Y/N mumbled, Ephraim jumped up and pushed his ear closer to the door.

"For what exactly? You were just worried. " Ephraim said

"I.. I acted quite childish didn't I. I know I'm pathetic. " Y/N added.

"I don't think you are. " Ephraim said. She opened the door slowly. Her eyes were red as fire and snot running down her nose. Ephraim smiled and wiped it off with his cape.

"Oh gods Ephriam! I love you so much! " Y/N croaked, bawling out again.

"I..I love you too. " Ephraim said as he embraced her.

"Do you really love this pathetic leech? " Y/N asked him.

"Stop downgrading yourself. " Ephraim demanded.

"But I am. "

"You really are stubborn aren't you? " Ephriam replied hugging her tighter. "We can take as long as you want, but you need to stop calling yourself pathetic, promise? "

"I don't know... if I can change my tactics where there's 100% chance of everyone surviving I think I'll finally have some worth around here. " Y/N told him.

The next day Ephraim made sure everyone trained hard. Slowly Y/N gained confidence, but it took her a long time to accept her importance, no matter how pathetic she may think she is, she is important to at least Ephraim.

Fire Emblem One ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara