Chapter 55(The Beginning of The End)

Naima was currently at the airport waiting for Tawfiq to arrive.

He was arriving that day after six torturous days according to Naima.

Naima fixed her hijab well on her head. She couldn't wait for him to step out of the arrival hall.

Karim was with Dean, Bella and Nicholas for the weekend so she was at the airport alone.

She looked around the airport but she couldn't spot him anywhere.
Maybe his flight had been delayed?
But he had informed her when he was boarding it.

The flight should have arrived by now then. She thought.
Why wasn't he coming out?

Just then a hand covered her eyes. She pulled the hand away and turned quickly to see Tawfiq standing right behind her.

She covered her mouth with her hand to prevent her from screaming like a high-school girl who just saw her crush.

"Habiba." Tawfiq smiled wildly.

Naima ran into his open hands and he raised her off her feet as he whirled her around.

Naima gasped in shock.

"Tawfiq, put me down. People are watching." Naima said lowly.

"Let them watch. I don't care. I've missed you a lot. So much that it even hurts." Tawfiq hugged her tightly after putting her on her feet.

"I missed you even more. Karim too. I had to send him to Dean's place so he could be preoccupied with playing with Nicholas." Naima explained.

"It was like hell without you there." Tawfiq muttered.

"Same. I felt like I was getting drained of life." Naima exclaimed.

Tawfiq smiled.
"Come on, let's go home." Tawfiq urged and interlocked their hands.

Naima gave the keys to Tawfiq.

"You drive." Naima said quickly.

Tawfiq had made her learn how to drive after Karim was born but she still didn't like to drive. She'd rather be driven than drive herself. It was too much of a job for her.

"I can't. Hurt my shoulder ." Tawfiq opened two buttons to show her his shoulder brace.

Naima's eyes bulged out.

"Ya Allah! What happened!?Who did that to you!?" Naima worriedly asked.

Tawfiq buttoned his shirt fully.

"Calm down, Habiba. Listen, one, no one did anything to me. Two, they wouldn't even dare. Three, I sort of fell from the top of the stairs." Tawfiq said the last part lowly.

"Sort of!? You sort of feel from the top of the stairs!?" Naima shouted.

They were drawing attention.

"Calm down. I got mixed up with the stairs. I thought it was the staircase back home so I missed my step because I was on the phone and fell to the ground. I wasn't badly hurt, just a little shoulder sprain." Tawfiq explained to her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Naima asked.

"I didn't want you to worry and freak out because of something small." He shrugged.

"Even if you cut your finger you should have told me." Naima frowned.

"I'm sorry, babe. I promise to tell you next time, even when I cut my finger or an ant bites me." Tawfiq smiled.

"Stop joking, I'm serious." Naima glared.

"Sorry, sorry. I love the way you care about me so much." Tawfiq said into her ears and goosebumps spread over her body.