Chapter 19

*8 months later *

It's been 7 whole months.

They were to have finals in a few weeks and everyone was happy to be finishing school.

Since the day Zain took everyones number, he had made a group with all five of them including him in it.

Why? Good question.

He claimed he was making it 'halal' by being a part of it. But Naima thought differently.

Zain had become overly curious about Belinda since that day at the park. He had been asking about anything he could think of, her full name, her favorite color, her birthday and what not. Naima didn't question him on why he was asking so many questions about Belinda though but she did have her theory.

Dean on the other hand hadn't changed. Still in his funny ways. He had a girlfriend now. . . Maybe?. . . No?

Naima couldn't tell if it would be permanent or not.
He had brought her, Diana, Naima remembered that's what she said her name was, to one of their get together they occasionally had due to Zain's unfailing persistence.

He was definitely gaining something from it.

Because why would a 22 year old be interested in the lives of high school students when he had his own age mates as friends.

Definitely gaining something from it.

However, it was mostlyfun. They would mostly talk and talk and talk.

Belinda would always bring them food or they would just buy food depending on where they went.

Sometimes, they went to the amusement park, other times, the movies and any other thing that formed in Zain's mind.
Since he was the organizer every time and they all followed along whether unwillingly or willingly.
He was the adult.
Tawfiq clearly was too but he was still in high school so it didn't exactly count.

They had become a tight group through the course of the months.

Naima had stopped saying her morning mantra where she would tell herself to avoid people and attention at all cost. She still didn't like just any one knowing her but I didn't hide anymore. . . okay so she still hid a bit.

Tawfiq was the reason behind that.

He sat Naima and Belinda down one day and gave them both the talk.
About how they shouldn't hide theirselves. blah blah blah. He sounded serious then though.
But it wasn't like they could change overnight and they weren't all outgoing like he was.

In other matters, Tawfiq hadn't stopped calling her Habiba. Didn't seem like he was going to stop anytime soon too.

Naima could swear she knew some people thought that was her actual name.

So now, anytime Zain wanted to tease her, he'd call her Habiba in a weird tone. He still insisted something was going on between Tawfiq and her but Naima had given him a thousand and one reasons why nothing was or could go on between them.

No haram relationships for her.

It wasn't like she also liked him that way. . .