Chapter 37

Saying goodbye to Hasia and her friends was the worst. Naima had grown so fond of them that saying goodbye after 4 years was really hard for her.
But they promised to keep in touch. It wouldn't be the same though.

Naima remembered when she and Hasia went for the hiking quest after their graduation ceremony.

"What's that on your hand?" Hasia craned her neck to see what was glittering on Naima's hand.

Oops.
Naima had forgotten to tell her about it before they started the quest.
They were now looking for a red flag in the big forest.
She wanted to just go to bed.

"Umm a ring?" Naima questioned.

It hadn't clicked in Hasia's head yet.

"Oh okay. . .wait what!? Why are you wearing a ring." Hasia eyed it carefully. "Specifically an engagement ring!?" Hasia eyes opened even wider as she took hold of Naima's hand.

Naima herself took time to analyze the ring.
Her ring.
She was engaged!? How!? That simple!?
Was that all it required?

The ring was beautiful. It had one huge princess cut diamond in the middle and little diamonds embedded in the band of the ring.

She took it off her finger to look at it carefully and maybe pinch herself to see if it was a dream or not.

She was analyzing the ring when she saw some writings on the inside.

"Forever together, Never Apart." She read.

It was written so small she couldn't make it out at first until she squinted.

The words kept ringing in her head.

Forever together, Never Apart.

"Earth to Naima. . .Naima?" Hasia snapped her fingers in front of her

Naima came back to her senses and wore the ring. She didn't want to lose it in a forest.

"When did you get engaged?" Hasia asked curiously.

Because for all she remembered, Naima was definitely not engaged that morning.

"Today?" Naima muttered.

"Today? When? how... Wait a minute. Who did you get engaged with? I want details." Hasia said all at once.

"One question at a time." Naima pouted. " First off, Err I got engaged to Tawfiq. Before I came here?" Naima didn't know why she was questioning her own statements.

"Tawfiq? As in the Tawfiq we both know. The Tawfiq? You got engaged to him just today? You sly girl. I haven't seen you talking to him in almost 3 years and you get engaged to the freaking guy?" Hasia screamed.

"Yes. Something like that. He actually proposed a few years ago. I just accepted it today." Naima said with a smile she didn't know she had put on.

"Awwnn. . .My little Naima is all grown up. See that big smile on her face. So. . .When's the wedding?" Hasia said in a sing-song voice.

When was the wedding, really?

"I don't even know. He just proposed. He hasn't even seen my parents. But I think he's scared." Naima laughed.

Tawfiq definitely was scared.

"Of course he would be. Even the strongest guy on Earth is afraid of his future wife's parents. They decide whether they agree or not. That's something to be scared of." Hasia said.