Chapter 13

"Dean! I'm going to kill you!" Tawfiq screamed.

Naima's legs refuse to cooperate with her and she stood glued to the spot.

"Shit! Fuck! Erm, hey, sorry. But please protect me. He won't hit a girl so don't worry." Dean rattled quickly with a slight mischievousness in his voice.

"W-why i-is he trying to kill you?" Naima voiced out.

"I might have told this girl called Lacey that he liked girls with blue hair and erm other stuffs." he said and scratched behind his neck.

Naima didn't want to know what 'other stuff' he meant.

"Oh okay, but I can't protect you." She told him as she tried to move away from him.

"Please don't hate me for this." He grabbed Naima's arm and before she could see what was happening he turned her and the first thing Naima noticed was Tawfiq coming right to her.

As soon as he saw her, he stopped.

He looked a little sad, relieved, angry and a lot of things Naima couldn't place at once.

They both looked at each other for a minute before Naima broke the awkward eye contact and looks downwards.

Dean wasn't holding her so hard that it would hurt but she also couldn't get out of his grip. He had his hand on her wrist behind her and Naima was a few inches in front of him.

Thank Allah for that.

Tawfiq started walking closer to them and Naima avoided his gaze which she knew would pierce her soul if she made the mistake of looking into it.

The last time she saw him, she sent him away rudely and indirectly blamed him for making her father angry.
He obviously hated her now and had even forgotten about her too.

He stood in front of them and Naima felt his gaze on the Dean guy.

Naima wasn't exactly blocking Dean's face because he was at least 1 foot taller than her.

Tawfiq was more though. . .wait, what?! Since when did she start to compare Tawfiq with others?

"Dean. Leave her and go. I will deal with you later." he ordered without looking at Naima.

"Do you know each other? Will you be okay with this big bully, dear?" Dean asked Naima.

Tawfiq was glaring at Dean so hard it felt like Dean would melt any second under his intense stare.

His fists were clenching and unclenching.

Naima wanted to avoid any confrontation at any cost so she told Dean she knew him. And it was okay to leave.

She knew this was haram, to be alone with a boy who was her non mehram. But she couldn't be made a witness if a fight broke out between Tawfiq and Dean.

"Yes ma'am. Call me if he tries anything funny." he stated and saluted at me.

It made Naima smile a little at the gesture.

"Big T, don't worry we will settle this problem man to man. But you know I was just playing around, right?" Dean walked to Tawfiq.

"Dean, just go, will you?" He said getting frustrated and raked his hand through his wet hair.

Dean raised both his arms to show he had got the message.
"Fine, but use protection, kids." he teasedz

Thank Allah Naima was brown. She would have become a tomato there and then.

"DEAN?!" Tawfiq growled.

"Fine, fine, I'm going." he rolled his eyes and left them alone.