Chapter 38

She was really getting married?
Naima was deep in thought about everything going on.
Who would have thought she would get married to Tawfiq, of all people.
She had literally said she'd never marry him even if he was the last man on Earth.
He wasn't the last man. There were still about 3 billion men alive. Yet she was marrying Tawfiq.

That second time Tawfiq had proposed to her, she had wanted to say no then.
He was way out of her league in the first place.
Had he looked in the mirror before?
But something in her, made her decide not give him an answer then.

From that time onwards, she had prayed Salat Istikharah like a million times but every time all she would see was Tawfiq and her standing together under the rain both in white.
That screamed marriage.

That's how she knew she would say yes. Even way before the 3 years was up. But she had just waited-impatiently-for both of them to graduate.

Now though, Naima didn't know how exactly Tawfiq got her father to changed his mind. He had seemed adamant about not letting Naima marry Tawfiq.
But right after speaking with Tawfiq alone, he changes his mind.

She didn't want to ask Tawfiq at the moment.
Maybe after their wedding, which was in 2 weeks.

Hah. Their wedding.
Did that mean she'd be living with him. . .in the same house. . .in the same room?

Naima shook the thought out of her head before it sent her to places she couldn't return from.

She turned her attention back to the Supernatural episode she was watching on her laptop.
She had irrevocably become addicted to the series since she was introduced to it years ago.
She was watching the new season that had come out just recently.
She watched it for the storyline at times but they all knew she watched it because of the Winchester brothers.
And boy did she love Sam.

She was left with a few minutes more to finish the second episode when a notification for a Skype call came through. Argh!
Who dared to spoil her time with Sam?

She wore her hijab and tucked her black hair into the hijab so it wasn't showing.
She knew who the caller was already.

She accepted the call when Tawfiq's face appeared on the screen.

She hadn't realized how much she missed his annoying face. And all of him.

"Salaam mu Alaykum,  baby girl." Tawfiq smirked.

It looked like he was in his bedroom. He was seated on a chair but Naima could see a bed behind him.

He clearly wouldn't stop with the endearments, would he?

"Wa Alaykum Salaam, Tawfiq." Naima said, acting annoyed.

"Why the face?" Tawfiq chuckled.

"I told you I don't like that." Naima muttered.

"You don't like what, baby girl?" Tawfiq said as he feigned ignorance.

"Argh! You're just so annoying. I can't believe you are the older one here." Naima groaned.

"Well, you have to start accepting my annoying self, baby girl, because you will be seeing my handsome face every morning when you wake up. I'll make sure of it." Tawfiq said in a low voice.

Naima's cheeks were heating up. How annoying could he get?
Why did he always want her to be lost of words?

Just then Naima heard a door bang and someone calling out Tawfiq's name.

It sounded like a girl.
Naima felt herself frown.
Why was a girl in his house and in his room?

"Who was that?" Naima frowned.