Chapter 51

"I'm calling in." Tawfiq insisted.

Naima didn't feel well so she had asked for a day off to regain her energy.
Tawfiq didn't want to leave her alone at home, in case she needed something.

"Just go. I'm going to end up sleeping the rest of the day anyway. I'll be fine. If anything, you are on speed dial." Naima assured.

Tawfiq was reluctant to let her be on her own but he agreed nonetheless.

"Fine. If anything comes up, call me first." Tawfiq reminded her.

"Yes, dad." Naima rolled her eyes.

Tawfiq shook his head and chuckled.

He moved closer to her and wrapped his hands around her waist.

"You know I love you, right?" Tawfiq questioned as he stared into Naima's eyes.

"I know you do. I love you too." Naima said to him.

Tawfiq kissed her for a few seconds and bent down on one knee to reach her stomach. It was the end of the first trimester already, her stomach hadn't gotten big yet but it was showing a little.

"Little one, you know I love you too. Be a good baby for mommy, okay? Fist bump?" Tawfiq said to Naima's stomach as he made a fist with his hand.

Naima was just looking down at him in awe, the way his eyes always glowed up when he was talking to the baby. It was amazing.

Just then the baby kicked Naima.

"Ow! You made the baby kick me. " Naima chuckled.

"Me? I just said I wanted a fist bump." Tawfiq shrugged.

"Well no more fist bumps for you." Naima replied.

Tawfiq chuckled at her.

"Sure, babe, sure. I gotta run or I'll be late." Tawfiq said and kissed her cheeks.

He winked at her, took his keys and left.

〰️
Tawfiq was in his office, when he heard a knock on the door.

He looked at the door for a second.

"Come in." Tawfiq said out.

The door opened to reveal Karen.
Tawfiq removed the glasses he wore at work and rubbed his eyes.

What's wrong with this woman!?
Tawfiq's mind screamed.

"What can I do for you, Miss Brown?" Tawfiq said with his head down.

"You look very handsome in glasses." Karen smiled.

"I see. What can I do for you?" Tawfiq asked again, looking up at her.

Karen moved closer to Tawfiq's office table.

Tawfiq looked at her movements slowly.

"Where are you going, Karen?" Tawfiq spoke in a warning tone.

"I just wanted to let you explain some document stuff to me, that's all." Karen said innocently.

"You can fax the documents to me. I'll explain it and fax it back. There's no need to be here." Tawfiq pointed out to her.

"I wanted direct understanding, you know, up close and whatnot." Karen slyly said as she moved closer to his seat to stand by his legs.

"What are you doing?" Tawfiq exclaimed.

Damn. Damn... What the heck was she doing?

"Oops sorry." Karen fell on his laps.

"Get up! Karen! I said get up!" Tawfiq growled.