Chapter 48

It had been about two weeks since they left the Maldives and Naima already missed the peace and quiet of the island. But they had to come back for Tawfiq some start working.

They had left Valley View a few hours ago. Wyoming was pretty close- even closer than Boston - to California so they could visit anytime. They had a farewell dinner a few days ago to say goodbye to everyone.

Dean had promised them he would visit them all the time. He likely would.

It was sad when Naima had to say goodbye to Aunt Faiza, Zain and Belinda but she was able to pull through with it with Tawfiq by her side.

"What are you thinking about so much?" Tawfiq chuckled by her.

He was driving their rented car to their new house which Naima had ended up just choosing the interior decor because choosing the house was too much of a job for her.

"Just stuff. Are we there yet?" Naima whined.

Tawfiq took his eyes off the road for a few seconds and smiled at her before turning his attention back on the road.

"Yes, it's a little secluded but there are other homes around there. We are at the street though." Tawfiq replied.

"Yaaaaaaayy, we almost there yeah. " Naima clapped and sung but quickly closed her mouth when she realized Tawfiq was looking at her rejoicing.

He looked at her for a while then started laughing like a mad man.

"Stop laughing at me." Naima grumbled.

"I'm-I'm just laughing because — you looked funny and cute." Tawfiq said between laughs.

Naima gave him an angry face and he stopped laughing but couldn't control the smile on his face.

"See the building up there? That's it." Tawfiq pointed.

The house was bigger than Tawfiq's house back in Valley View.

"It's... Big?" Naima noted when the car stopped up the road and Tawfiq parked the car.

He looked at her and said,

"Yes, it's a family house. For the soccer team." Tawfiq smirked.

"I'm not giving birth to 11 children." Naima argued but blushed.

"Why not?" Tawfiq pouted sadly.

"Because I don't want to. . .11 children, it's too much. It will make me fat." Naima insisted.

Truth be told her period was a day late and she was already getting giddy. Maybe she was pregnant?

"Whether you are fat or not you will still be Naima. Habiba. My beloved." Tawfiq smiled as he got down from the car and Naima followed out after him.

"Or you want me to marry another woman so she can give birth to 11 children for me?"Tawfiq teased and Naima's eyes widened.

She stepped on his toes and hit the back of his head.

" Ouch, what was that for? " Tawfiq asked in pain.

"You wouldn't dare. I will give birth to two teams for you if you like. But don't you dare." Naima warned.

Tawfiq grinned at her.
"I was only joking, you know. I'm not sure I will be able to share myself with you and her because she will feel cheated. I only love you. You can give birth to whatever you are comfortable with. Kay?" Tawfiq took her hand in his.

Naima stiffened when he said love. It was the first time after they had married that he had said it.

Tawfiq had always known he loved Naima, but he hadn't fully said it outright. It felt right saying it.