Chapter 49

"Argh! Who made this stupid tie? It's broken." Naima screamed and removed it from around her neck in frustration.

"Babe, ties can't break. You just don't know how to fix it. Come here." Tawfiq offered.

Naima had gotten a job interview at a biological lab around their neighborhood.

She had been struggling with the tie for more than 20 minutes already, huffing and puffing in annoyance. Why did she even want to wear a tie in the first place?
Professional much.

On the other hand, there was Tawfiq, who truth be told didn't want Naima to go for the interview and get a job.

He could provide for both of them.

He did not like the idea of Naima interacting with other... Males...
It just made his blood boil for some reason.

When he had voiced his opinion to Naima before, she had assured him with a disappointed look that she would not associate with the male workers there.
Unless it was necessary.

Tawfiq was however also starting work the same day for the first time.

He helped Naima fix the tie around her neck

"I couldn't be any less romantic, could I? I should be the one fixing your tie up. Like in the movies. I don't even know why I'm wearing a suit. " Naima exclaimed with a huff.

"Not everything can be like the movies, babe. And trust me when I say, they all know how to tie a tie pretty well." Tawfiq pulled the tie a little.

"You look amazing in the suit. Don't worry." He complimented. "But remember, you could always not go." Tawfiq mumbled the last part but Naima heard it.

She frowned slightly. Why was he on the same issue again?

"Not this again. Tawfiq, I'm going and that's that. I'm not sure I want to be a housewife. I didn't go to the university for four years just to stay home. If it's my wifely duties you think I can't do if I'm working, don't worry. I read about the job. They close pretty early." Naima explained with a little anger.

"I don't give a damn about food or whatever. I just don't want you to tire yourself out that's all." Tawfiq revealed.

Naima sighed and looked at him.

"I promise, if I get tired, I'll tell you immediately. Is that fine?" Naima calmly asked.

Tawfiq reluctantly nodded in agreement.

"Come on, we got to go. You have to drop me off first." Naima took her bag off the couch and Tawfiq took his car keys off the table and they both walked outside.

〰️
"Bye babe. When you are done, call me." Tawfiq said to Naima who had reached her destination.

He eyed the lab by them. It looked decent.

"Sure. And please, don't look at any other girl. You shouldn't even be able to tell their eye color. I'm watching you." She used to fingers to point to her eyes and then pointed at his. "If I see you looking at anyone, I will show you my assassin side." Naima glared.

Tawfiq smirked at her.

"I like your bossy side in a suit...It's sexy." Tawfiq whispered into Naima's ears and kissed her neck lingeringly which made Naima sigh.

"Stop it. I-I have an interview. Don't confuse me." Naima protested in a small voice.

"Sorry, babe." Tawfiq smiled and pulled away from her neck.

Naima got out of the car and waved at Tawfiq, who winked at her before driving off.

"Ya Allah. Please, help me get this job. I need this. It's the closest to the house." Naima prayed silently.