Chapter 43

Naima didn't need to pack anything since she hadn't unpacked the day before.
Tawfiq had packed whatever he needed into a medium-sized travel duffel bag which contained a few clothes and some basic necessities. He really liked to travel light.

Naima was waiting right by the plane with her two suitcases and Tawfiq's duffel bag whiles Tawfiq was talking to the pilot.

After a while, Tawfiq turned towards her and started to walk to her with a smile. Naima smiled back as she took the time to check him out. He looked handsome yet simple in his blue ripped jeans with a white top and a checked shirt.

Naima was in jeans and a large blouse after Belinda had warned her of how hot Ghana was. Tawfiq had countered back by saying Dubai was hotter.

Belinda had laughed and said,

"Dubai has air conditions at even their bus stops. Some hotels in Ghana even don't. We embrace the heat. No pollution, ya know."

That was why she was wearing this. She had forgotten to buy herself a new pair of sneakers so she had to go with her block heels which were already killing her.

Tawfiq stopped in front of her and made a sad face.

"Are you ready? The pilot said it's about an 11 hour flight to Ghana. I know you don't like planes." Tawfiq scratched the back of his neck.

11 hours!?
Naima's mind screamed. She wasn't going to be a spoil sport and make everything about her so she gave Tawfiq a smile and said,

"That's fine. So. You still won't tell me where we are going to in Europe and Asia?" Naima whined as she slyly changed the topic.

"I can't, babe. It's a surprise." Tawfiq shrugged as two of the air hostesses came to them and with a nod took Naima's suitcases. Tawfiq held on to his duffel bag.

"I hate surprises." Naima mumbled to herself.

"Stop being a baby." Tawfiq chuckled as he placed his hand around Naima's waist and walked with her up the stairs of the plane.

Naima tried hard to think straight with Tawfiq being this close to her and his hand around her waist. It sent shivers-Good shivers-up her spine as goosebumps spread across her body.

They had already gone by Aunt Faiza's and Harriet's place to say bye before getting to the airport so they didn't need to call them about them boarding the plane.

When Naima saw the inside of the jet her mouth fell open.
Tawfiq had already told her that the private plane belonged to his dad.
His dad had quite an exquisite taste because the inside decor of the plane looked unbelievable.

"Your father has quite the taste in decorating." Naima walked to the seat with Tawfiq right behind her and his hand still on her waist.

"The design? I chose the design. My dad doesn't care about those stuff." Tawfiq replied simply, not even bothering to look around as he guided Naima into her seat and buckled her up before sitting by her and buckling up himself too.

"Really!? I'm starting to get jealous of you. You know how to do everything. It's getting annoying." Naima crossed her hands over her chest.

"Well, don't be. I didn't know how to get you to accept my proposal for 4 years." Tawfiq chuckled as he turned his attention to the air hostess who just arrived.

He has a point.

"The plane will be taking off in a few minutes. Your food will be served in a while if you are hungry. " The air hostess gave a million dollar smile and left them alone.