Chapter 16

Tawfiq had finally calmed down now and that was a big relief because he thought he would blow up with all that anger running through his veins.

"Habiba, make sure you both are not alone with Lacey. If she insults you two again tell me and I will deal with her myself." He said quietly.

"Are you going to wreck her life like Dean said?" Naima ended up voicing up without thinking.

"I'm sorry it's not my problem." She added lowly.

Of course it was her problem.

Tawfiq took his dark hair with his hand and let out a shaky breath.

"I'm not going to hurt a girl. You know me better, well you don't, but you do understand right? I'm just going to let her back-off if she sends it to far. Trust me, Habiba." He said to her.

The next words that came out of her mouth shocked even Naima herself.

"I do." She turned away but she was positive that there was definitely a full blown smirk on Tawfiq's face.

She looked up and instead of his normal smirk, she rather saw a genuine smile plastered on his face.

"Well, I'm happy about that." He added still with a smile.

Just then the bell went and it was time to go for the next class.

Naima and Belinda had English together.

Oh no. English.

Naima scrunched her face. Tawfiq noticed and his forehead furrowed in concern.

Lacey was Naima's English class.

A/N: I want to clear up any confusion. Naima has both English and French on Mondays and Tuesdays. Don't get confused.
Thank you....
Let's get back to the story then.

"What's wrong?" Tawfiq asked.

"Nothing." Naima didn't want him to over exaggerate and think they were in some grave danger or something. Lacey was just another human being not a supervillain with powers.

She could take care of herself.

"Naima. . ." he warned.

He called her Naima. Was he that angry he couldn't call her Habiba? Well. It didn't sit right with her.

"Lacey is in Belinda and I's English class." She muttered.

"Well. Fuck." Dean cursed.

"Argh. I don't have English. Ya Allah, I can't leave you with her. I know how Lacey gets. I can't just go and sit in your class, the teacher would notice. Dean who has English now?"
He said, frustrated.

Why did he care about her so much? No one except her family-well Zain and Aunt Faiza-, and Belinda cared about her.
Why was he going overboard for her?

"Let me check the group." Dean said and took out his phone.

After a few minutes he said,
"Malik and Steven have English. We are to meet them at the class." He said to Tawfiq.

"We better be going then. Don't want you girls to be late." Tawfiq said and Naima and Belinda literally jumped out of their seats and made their way out of the cafeteria towards the class. They walked ahead of them.

"Naima, who is Tawfiq to you?" Belinda peered behind them to look at the two boys following them like some sort of security.
"He seems to care for you a lot." Belinda said quietly so that the boy's wouldn't hear.