Chapter 50

"Gimme it. You said you don't like strawberry." Tawfiq pouted and snatched back his cup of strawberry flavored ice cream from Naima.

"But - but... C-can't a girl l-like all ice creams? W-why are you so mean? I just wanted to eat strawberry ice cream. I don't even know why I'm crying. Why am I crying!? I don't want to cry."
Tawfiq was confused.
One minute she was eating his strawberry ice-cream and all of a sudden she's crying full on tears.

He came back to his senses and moved closer to her.

"I'm sorry, you can have my ice cream. Just don't cry again. Please." Tawfiq consoledz
Was it PMS? It could be.
Whatever it was, he had to give up his ice cream for her.

He handed her his ice cream and she began to eat it like a child with a wild smile.

It was Sunday afternoon and they had just decided to eat ice-cream since they both didn't have work on Sundays.

Fun fact: Naima hated strawberry. She hated the whole idea of anything strawberry.

It had been almost 3 weeks since Tawfiq started working at CAPeCo. So far so good except for Karen. She was always trying to be around him and he was always ignoring her plainly. Yet she couldn't pick up the fact that he didn't want anything to do with her.

He remembered when she had asked for help from him about a week ago.

"Can you help me with that box, Tawfiq?" She said in a small voice.

It was a really small box that even a 5 year old could carry but she somehow needed help.

Tawfiq was lucky to see one of the interns around and he quickly called him to help her carry it. From the scowl on her face, she wasn't pleased.

Tawfiq was tired of Karen pestering him.
He didn't have a problem with her having a crush or whatever on him.
His problem was that she knew he was married and still tried to make advances at him.

Tawfiq's train of thought was cut short when Naima dropped the ice cream cup on the floor. Tawfiq quickly turned his attention on her.

"What's wrong?" Tawfiq asked her.

"I'm pregnant?" Naima questioned.

Tawfiq stopped breathing.
"You are what? Habiba, are you asking me or you're telling me?" Tawfiq asked with wide eyes.

"I-I don't know. I'm not even sure. But for starters, I'm eating Strawberry. And I hate strawberry. I'm crying like a baby. And I'm late. I haven't vomited yet like I thought... Wait..."Naima got up abruptly from the bed with a confused Tawfiq right behind her and ran towards the bathroom to puke her gut out.

Tawfiq sat by her and held her hair up so it didn't get messed up with vomit.

"That has been ticked of the list. Mother nature never fails." Naima chuckled after she washed her mouth.

Tawfiq was just quiet. Watching her every move. He hadn't said anything. His eyes became glassy with tears.

Naima had her back facing him but could feel his gaze on her back.

"You are staring. And quiet too." Naima mumbled and turned to see him wiping tears from his eyes with his arm.

Naima's face softened.

"Tawfiq." She whispered and opened up her hands.

He walked towards her and hugged her tightly.
His lowered head on her chest.

"Thank you, Habiba." He mumbled into her clothes.

"I don't even know yet if I'm actually pregnant." Naima cleared up.