Chapter 47

"Which slut do you have over at my place?!" Aisha shouted.

Tawfiq's mind didn't think of how his mother found out. He didn't even care who told her.

The first thing that his mind comprehended was the fact that his mother had called Naima a slut.
A slut!

Naima stirred a little and it took all the strength in Tawfiq to get out of the room before his anger got the best of him.

"Mother! Don't you dare!" Tawfiq growled, the moment he stepped outside the room into the living room.

Thank God for soundproof rooms.

"Don't use that tone with me, Tawfiq." Aisha warned.
She wasn't going to stand there and let him use that angry tone of his on her. She was his mother and he had to show her some respect.

"Then don't fucking call her a slut! Mother, I respect you, don't let it go down the drain." Tawfiq tried to get his anger in check.

If it was someone else. . .

Let's not dwell on that.

"I thought you knew better. You better send that slut out of my house, right now. And bring yourself back home." Aisha demanded.

Tawfiq was trying really hard to control himself. He had his hand in his hair and was pulling unknowningly.

"Stop calling her that! She is my wife!" Tawfiq shouted and angrily hit a vase lying on a table.

His breathing was fast and his hand was bleeding but he didn't care.

"You got married!? To whom!" Aisha shouted back at him.

Tawfiq had revealed the truth earlier than he had anticipated but it didn't matter anymore.
She would have eventually found out.

"Goodbye, mother. I have to pray." Tawfiq said lowly, trying to control his anger.

"I'm talking to you, boy, don't you disconnect the line!" Aisha ordered but before she could say anything else Tawfiq disconnected the call.

"Argghhh!" Tawfiq growled and threw his phone to hit the wall.
Instantly breaking it into pieces.

Blood was dripping from his hand and it now stung a little but that wasn't the big deal.
The big deal now was a fear struck Naima standing in front of him when he turned.

Her eyes fell to the broken vase and her gaze moved to Tawfiq's clenched hands which had blood dripping from it.

"You are bleeding!" Naima cried out in fear as she ran towards him and took his hand in hers.

"It's not a big deal." Tawfiq mumbled.

"It's not a big deal!? You are bleeding! And it's a big cut. Why on Earth would you throw your phone away!? Are you okay?" Naima was saying different things at the same time.

"It's really not a big deal, Naima."
He muttered with a flat look.

She started to cry all of a sudden. It felt like Tawfiq's pain was now hers. When Tawfiq realized that she was crying, his face softened. He took his better hand and wiped her tears as she hiccuped.

"Don't cry, Habiba. I'm sorry. I just got a little angry." Tawfiq explained himself.

It was too early for this conversation.

"A little angry! You hurt yourself from that anger." Naima exclaimed.

"Remember the Prophet's words? The strongest of men is one who controls his anger, Tawfiq. And you're clearly not being the strongest of men right now. I'm not going to ask what made you angry. You're already angry as it is. If you want to tell me though, you know where to find me." Naima laid out to him.