Chapter 3

The next day at school, Naima went to see Principal Hashford and told her about her final decision.

She tried to make Naima change her mind but she had already made up my mind. It was the only way.

Naima was given a schedule of all the games to be played that year so she would be able to prepare for the games to come.

Not that there was anything to prepare for. The first football game was two weeks from now and she felt her heart was going to burst.

After thanking the Principal, she left her office with a lot of unknowns on her mind.

Was she supposed to dance?

French was her first class that morning.

Her locker was close to her French class.
She took out the books she would need.
After locking her locker, she began her short journey to her class.

As usual, she walked by the side of the hallway with her gaze lowered to the ground to avoid unnecessary eye contact with others.

Out of nowhere, she crashed into a hard body.
This wasn't her first time walking by the side of the hallways and she was positive there wasn't any wall on her path.

Unfortunately for her, she was taken aback and her newly acquired books fell from her hands as all the stationery in her side bag fell out.

Naima went down to start picking her stuff up quickly when she noticed the person she crashed into was helping her pick up her books and her thousands of pens and pencils (don't blame her. . . She tried to come prepared and with backup at all times.)

Whoever she crashed into definitely had manners because under the normal scenario, she would have received a look of scorn, a harsh insult and a shove. . . It had happened before. Hence why she decided to stick to the side.

She looked up to see at whoever the person was , just to see the most beautiful golden brown eyes she had ever seen in her life. MaashaaAllah .

She had never seen anything that looked so deep in anybody's eyes and yet they looked just as conflicted but covering that confliction with happiness-wait since when did she start to interpret people's eyes?

Astagfirullah! Haram! May Day! haram!haram!

She had been staring at the person for what felt like 10 minutes already and a non mehram at that. What if he thought she was weird?
She was. . . But you get the point.

She quickly snatched her books and pens from his hands and he seemed surprised for a second by her actions.

Naima quickly got up from her squatting position and walked briskly away not looking back because she could feel those eyes boring into my back.

By the time she got to her French class only a few people werevthere and she thanked Allah for that.

No one wanted to be late for class right?
Or was it just her?

⚜️

The guys where pissing Tawfiq off.

He told them explicitly to tell that fake bitch he wasn't around but of course they did the opposite. How could people be so foolish?
That was why people believed jocks were a bit dumb. Handsome but dumb.

They were going to pay for doing that.

So now, here he was, trying to avoid Lacey-who named their child that- Americans. He thought.