Chapter 39

"You know you aren't going there forever, right?" Naima said bluntly.

Zain had packed half of his belongings. Almost like he was leaving his home forever.

"I wish I was. Why hadn't I thought of this before?" Zain asked Naima.

"Because you're dumb?" Naima muttered under her breath.

"Did you just call me dumb? Oh, you did not." Zain glared as he started chasing her around the living room. Naima was running for dear life when she heard the doorbell.

She stopped and shouted.

"He's here!" She beamed.

She was excited to see him. They hadn't see each other since he had come to ask for her hand in marriage.

"I'm going to be sick. What happened to the shy Naima I knew?" Zain frowned distastefully.

"Leave her be, Zain. Let her enjoy herself."

Naima pulled her tongue out at Zain and he glared at her.
"I think someone should go and open the door." Zain's mother said as she came out from the kitchen to see her two adult children making faces at each other.

Tawfiq was bringing Farhana over and would stay for lunch too.

Naima quickly fixed her dress and hijab as she went to open the door herself. She wanted to be the first person he saw.

"Salaam mu Alaykum." Tawfiq said.

"Waa Alaykum Salaam." Naima grinned.

"Move out of the way you tall giraffe. Let me see my sister-in-law already." Naima heard Farhana's voice behind Tawfiq.

That's when she realized Tawfiq was holding a suitcase which looked like it belonged to Farhana. How did she know? Well, it was bright pink.

Naima moved inside and let Tawfiq enter.
Before she could put out her hand to greet Farhana, she came in for a big hug.

"Awwwn! I can tell we will be the best of sisters already." Farhana said loudly as she hugged the life out of Naima.

Tawfiq who saw that Naima was being squished to death, came to her rescue.

"That's enough. You are killing my girl." Tawfiq said, as he pried his sister off Naima.

"She's my sister. I always wanted a sister. Brothers are just annoying." Farhana scowled.

"I thought I was the only one who thought that." Naima said as she turned her attention to Zain who just made a face at her.

Salim snickered.

That's when Naima realized he had come too.

"Salaam mu Alaykum, you must be Salim." Naima knew his face.

"And you must be the famous Naima who has got my rock of a brother wrapped around her fingers. I must say, you've done one heck of a job." Salim said with a smile.

Tawfiq raised the corner of his upper lip.

"I don't even know why I consider you two as family. All you do is talk bad about me." Tawfiq muttered.

"You know we love you right? We are just motivating you using reverse psychology." Farhana grinned at her brother.

"Whatever." Tawfiq ignored them.

"Hey, baby girl." Tawfiq said lowly to only Naima's hearing.

Naima just smiled at him and controlled her heating cheeks.