Chapter 40 (Part A)

"Wake up beautiful bride. It's today." Belinda whispered into Naima's ear.

Naima abruptly jerked up from her bed.
She hadn't slept long enough. She had to stay awake half of the night for her henna to dry.
The designer hadn't come earlier as planned so Naima had to pay the price of staying up late before her wedding day.

She had only slept for 3 good hours and she had to wake up for Fajr in between. It wasn't even 6:30 and she had to wake up already. . .Why?
Because it was her wedding day.

"Let me sleep. . .I can get married tomorrow or next week. . .Year. Just lemme sleep." Naima mumbled incoherently as she snuggled back into her bed.

"If you don't wake up, I'm going to video call your darling husband so he can see your pretty face as you sleep. . ." Belinda trailed off.

That got Naima out of her bed in a second.
She knew she looked like a zombie when she woke up. And now was no different. She wasn't about to have Tawfiq see that.
What if he changed his mind after seeing her morning face?

"You wouldn't dare. . ." Naima whispered.

"I will, if you continue sitting there like you haven't got a few hours more to your big day." Belinda threatened her best friend.

Naima pouted.

"But I don't wanna get married anymore. I thought about it yesterday and I'm sure I'm not ready for a wedding right now." Naima whined.

"Yes you are. And you are going to get your self into the bathroom before I get back." Belinda said with an authoritative tone.

"But. . .But. . ." Naima tried to explain.

"No buts young lady. Don't put that poor boy in more pain by postponing this wedding. You've already done that for almost 4 years! You are just nervous and it's normal. You are taking a big step here so I can understand you. But don't let yourself down because you think you can't handle it. Be brave, young lady. It's your life you're dealing with here. " Belinda advised Naima.

"Wow. That was. . .wise." Naima teased her.

She went to hug her best friend who just shrugged her off.

"I was always wise. Now, get into the bathroom. We don't have time to waste." Belinda said quickly.

Naima watched her leave the room. Her dark skin was glowing as usual as her natural hair she had gotten styled yesterday, cascaded off her back. She looked radiant.

Naima breathed and tried to compose herself.

"It's just a wedding. No big deal, Naima. Get a hold of yourself. A lot of people have been married before and a lot of people will get married after you. Stop acting like you are being sold into slavery." Naima pep talked herself.
She hadn't done that in a long time.
She hadn't needed to.

She was still nervous but there was nothing she could do about it now other than to take a bath before Belinda came back to murder her for still being on her bed.

Naima entered the bathroom and all sorts of different soaps and shampoos were still littered around. She had been made to bath with topmost skin care since the wedding was scheduled.

The soaps and shampoos had overcrowded the bathroom that it made it hard to maneuver around the bathroom without something falling down or out of place.

They all smelt amazing though but she had grown fond of two specific shampoos, one which smelled like lavender and the other, that smelled like pineapples.
She wasn't really sure if they were actually made from pineapples.
But it smelled amazing to her anyways.