Chapter 14

Naima didn't know what caused her outburst.
This was why her therapist had told her to always be calm.
But she was just angry and she missed her mom. All the emotions just rushed out of her at once and she ended up blaming everything on Tawfiq.

She barely knew him and here she was blaming everything on him. But she couldn't stop too. She continued to blame him for everything that was happening to her.

When her vision became cloudy and she started to fall, she was getting ready for the impact with the ground but it never came.
The last thing she remembered was someone calling her 'habiba '
and she calling out to her mother.

〰️

Naima woke up to find myself in the backseat of a car. She looked up a bit to see Tawfiq in the driver's seat looking like he pale and scared.

"Tawfiq?" she called out faintly.

He quickly snapped his attention to her.

"Alhamdulilah. . .you're awake. You scared me, Habiba. I thought something had happened to you. I'm so glad you're awake now." he said to her and looked ahead to continue driving.

He parked by the street and turned to question her more.

Naima sat up straight.

"I'm fine. Alhamdulilah. Erm where are we going?" she asked because that wasn't the way to her house.

"The hospital. You fainted in front of me, where else would I have sent you if not there?" He asked and he lowered his gaze.
He passed his fingers through his dark hair.

Naima couldn't help but look and quickly lowered her gaze as well when she thought she had stared far too long.

"I'm sorry." Naima whispered quietly to him as she fixed her hijab because her hair was falling out of it.

"You are the one who fainted, why are you sorry?" He pointed out looking at the passenger seat.

"No, not that. I'm sorry for blaming everything on you. I don't even know you that well and I kept blaming you for stuff you probably have no idea about. And you still found something good in your heart to help me. For that I'm thankful. Even though sitting alone in the middle of nowhere in a man I barely know 's car isn't so halal." Naima chuckled a little at her statement.

"Habiba, you seem to like giving long essays explanations. I won't lie. You actually made it feel like my fault. But no worries. I could see you wanted to get some steam out and I was the closest to you." Tawfiq chuckled too.

"Erm. . .thanks again. For understanding. I'm okay now so I will go ahead." She opened the door and she heard Tawfiq getting up from his driver's seat at the same time.

Naima stood outside and her legs started to feel like jelly. Not now. She thought.

She couldn't stand any longer so she fell back to the seat which had Tawfiq sprinting towards her.

"Are you okay?" He asked with concern laced in his voice and features.

"Yes. It's just some effects I get after I black out sometimes. If you could help me to the bus stop over there. It will wear off by the time the bus gets. . ."
Tawfiq arched a brow and clicked his tongue.

"You should consider becoming a writer. You like essays. But no, I wouldn't be a gentleman to leave a lady who can't walk alone. Let me send you home." he told her.

Naima didn't want to go home with him. But she knew it would take a few hours for her legs to regain their strength. She didn't want to stay at the bus stop for a few hours.