Chapter 33

"Please, Naima!. . .I want to visit my aunt for Thanksgiving and I don't want to go alone. I haven't heard from Dean since last week and he promised to go with me. Now I can't find him anywhere." Belinda pouted.

She had a plan and she needed Naima to agree to go with her to Valley View for the plan to work.

"I'd really love to go with you, Belinda but I can't waste money on a trip for 4 days." Naima said sadly.

"Awwwwwww! Please! I will. . .erh. . .I will pay for this trip and you can pay for the next trip when you've saved up more. Please Naima. . .For me?" Belinda pleaded.

She just hoped Naima would agree without thinking too much about it.

"Fine, I will go but I'm paying myself. You never know what the future holds."

That's how Naima found herself at the airport waiting for her flight with no sign of Belinda.
She had tried calling her but it was going straight to voice mail.
Finally she got hold of Belinda.

" Where are you? The flight leaves in a 20 minutes. " Naima said.

"I'm so sorry, Naima. My Political Science teacher just had an idea of writing a quiz before going for the holidays and I can't miss it."
Belinda said sadly over the phone.

"So what should we do now? Should I reschedule the plane tickets for tomorrow?" Naima questioned. She knew how surprise tests were hated so she felt sorry for Belinda.

"No! I mean. . .no, don't. Go ahead I will meet you there tomorrow. That okay with you?" If Belinda didn't act swiftly Naima would catch on.

"Um. . .Okay. . .I guess. I will be waiting for you tomorrow okay B?" Naima agreed even though she wasn't sure why she had agreed. She didn't want to be on the plane alone. It was scary and dangerous.

What if she fell off it?

"Sure. . .Sure. . .Sure. . .Go on ahead. I will be right behind you." Belinda said over the phone with an enthusiasm Naima didn't fail notice.

"Okay. Gotta go or I will be late. Byee." Naima said.

"Byee!" Belinda ended the call.

Naima went to her gate to arrive in time for final calling. Everyone had to board the plane 20 minutes before take off.

After everything was checked she went to board the plane. She had only brought a hand luggage so she didn't have to wait for her luggage to arrive at Wyoming airport.

On the ticket her seat number read B10. She found her seat and placed her luggage in the compartment up top. Whoever was B9 hadn't arrived and she didn't want to buckle up only to unbuckle for the person to sit.

After 5 minutes the person hadn't arrived yet. So Naima decided to sit at B9 so the person could sit at B10.

Naima opened the window cover to see outside. Her heart was beginning to beat faster. Why didn't she just go with a bus? It wouldn't have been that long and it was a bit safer than a flying metal.
She pondered.

She was looking outside lost in her thoughts when a familiar voice brought her out of her thoughts.

"That's my seat. B9." he said.

Naima turned her head round only to find Tawfiq standing there with a school bag which she was sure just contained his toothbrush and a few things. He wasn't joking when he said he liked to travel light.