Chapter 36

Two days after Belinda graduation was Naima and Hasia's graduation.
Tawfiq had avoided everyone since his graduation. He left quickly during Belinda's graduation after congratulating her. Without even waiting for the others to see him.

He really didn't know what he would do if he saw Naima. He always prayed that God would forgive him for hugging Naima that one time but in front of Allah and man he could never forget it. He just wanted to hug her again and inhale her scent. Just hold her close to him. He missed her so much.
He knew Naima would be confused with his behavior but he also knew it was for the best. For him at least.

Naima's graduation would be the problem. He couldn't just not go but going meant he would have to see Naima. Which wouldn't be in their. her. . .best interests.

He would have to go. She would be disappointed if he missed it.
He really missed Naima a lot and maybe. . .a voice deep inside him kept thinking he was avoiding Naima because he was scared of her answer.
Why?
He himself would never know.

He didn't even know what to wear and the graduation was in two hours.
But he could use 45 minutes max to finish. It's not like he had to wear makeup or anything. He would just take a bath and wear his clothes.

He would go with something casual. He didn't want to steal the show.
He took a denim blue ripped jeans from his closet, a white shirt and a blue sweater because it was a little cold and a leather jacket. He finished up with his timberland boots. What?He loved timberland boots.

〰️

Naima was nervous today. Not for her graduation but rather because she'd be seeing Tawfiq. She was going to talk with him whether he liked it or not. If she had to drag him, she would. They couldn't ignore each other forever.

She just hoped he wouldn't be sad or disappointed with her answer. She just wasn't ready to. . .

Hasia cut off her thoughts.

"What are you thinking about? We are getting late." Hasia said the rest in a sing song voice.
It was true. They were getting late.

"Don't forget to come back here and change quickly. We have to go for the hike." Hasia voiced out.

Naima forgot all about that. Who hiked on their graduation?

It was more of an adventure /quest thingy. They were supposed to search for stuff in the location and the winner would get some sort of price. It made no sense but they had to go.
But she had wanted to talk to Tawfiq first before going.

"Sure. But I will meet you at the location. I have to do something first before coming." Naima said as she took her graduation robe from the bed. She was wearing a blue and beige striped dress. She finished it with a beige heel and blue hijab.