Chapter 53

"If it's a girl, she'll be called Habiba." Tawfiq said.

"No. She can't just steal my name." Naima frowned.

"It's not your name, I gave you the name. And how can you be jealous of your own daughter?" Tawfiq smiled.

"I'm not jealous of her. But I'm not sharing my name... you supposedly gave to me." Naima acted innocent.

"No wonder mothers like their sons more. You are all jealous of your daughters." Tawfiq chuckled.

"That's so not true." Naima laughed.

"What if it's a boy though?" Naima asked curiously.

"I have some names in my head but I'm not sure of which of it yet." Tawfiq shrugged.

"So... What names?" Naima asked again.

"Can't say yet." Tawfiq simply said.

Naima pouted. They were just deciding the name of the baby and so far they hadn't got a name. She was almost due.

"Why not?" Naima cried.

"Because I want to be sure first." Tawfiq shrugged.

"You are so rigid." Naima frowned.

"You are so curious." Tawfiq smiled.

"How's David by the way? He seems nice and cute too. His wife would..."
Tawfiq cut her off by pulling her by her neck and crashed his lips on hers.

Naima saw stars and fireworks as Tawfiq worked magic with his mouth and tongue. He bit lightly on her lower lip and soothed it with his tongue. He pulled away for two seconds for Naima to catch her breath and after that he quickly crashed his lips on hers again. Naima's mind was clouded and she couldn't think straight.

She only said that about David, his friend at work that she had met twice, so he would get riled up with jealousy and tell her the names he had in mind. She hadn't expected this and she didn't know whether to smile with happiness or apologize when Tawfiq pulled away from her.

"Don't say that about any other guy in front of me again, babe. I might overdo this." Tawfiq said lowly with his forehead resting on Naima's.

His breathing was heavy and irregular and Naima was trying to catch her breath as well.

"I'm not sure I want to apologize." Naima grinned.

If this was the punishment for that then sign her up for all the mistakes.

"Next time, babe, next time." Tawfiq smirked.

"God. If you weren't so heavily pregnant." Tawfiq muttered lowly and bit his lip.

He brushed her lips with his thumb and her cheeks before he got up and left the room, leaving a starstruck Naima staring into empty space.

Tawfiq didn't like it at all when Naima complimented other men. He knew she was joking but his trust issues wouldn't let him understand that. He trusted Naima more than himself. The problem was him. He couldn't trust himself even in the slightest.

〰️

"You could always admit yourself at the hospital before the due date." Tawfiq offered.

"And waste so much money just sleeping on some uncomfortable hospital bed and eating tasteless food?" Naima eyes opened wide and she continued.

"Besides I want to feel the adrenaline rush when I tell you my water has broken. Like in the movies." Naima smiled.

"What is with you and money? It's like you hate using money." Tawfiq rolled his eyes.