Chapter 30

Salaam
I'm sorry I wasn't able to update early in the previous chapter.
Anyways we reached Chapter 30🌟.
I thought I would be getting 1k views by now by eerh🙄... I'm just ecstatic I was able to get here with you guys. *Wipes tears* okay I will stop blabbering. I hope you enjoy this chapter.
[New: As I edit, this book is currently at 201k. Patience is a virtue for every new writer. You might blow out overnight or you might take time. But keep on writing anyways. I never thought 100k was even possible. But it proved it was possible and so much more. I love everyone ❤️]

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Tawfiq woke up the next morning looking like a practical zombie.
The fever had begun like he had predicted.

His head pounded and he felt himself getting dizzy. He held his head in his hands for a moment. He needed to get up.
He sat up on his bed to get to the washroom and get some painkillers.
And maybe go to the doctor as well because he didn't think the fever would go away that easily.

The fever was always worse when he didn't stay warm. It wouldn't have been that bad if he hadn't given his jacket to Naima.
But in all honesty, he would do it again without question, any time.
Fever or not.

Naima still had his jacket and he didn't mind. She could keep it though. He did not really mind. Not one bit.

He stood up and started to make his way to the washroom.
His vision turned blurry as he stumbled whiles walking.
Before he got to the door, he saw black dots and instantly fell hard on the ground.

He couldn't get himself up. It felt like his limbs were liquified.
He could handle a lot of things.
But.
The only thing he couldn't handle was a little fever. How pathetic.

He tried to get up again but he felt he was too tired to put in any effort.
It was like a ton of bricks was placed on top of him, preventing him from even raising a hand. Where was Dean when you needed him?

Like his mind conjured him, Dean entered the loft with two cups of coffee in his hands.
He had gone to get coffee.

He was facing the door, removing his shoe, or he knew Tawfiq would kill him for entering with his dirty shoes to where he would pray.

He had definitely not seen Tawfiq on the floor.

"Tawfiq, you wouldn't believe how long the queue was at Starbucks. I almost went to that funny coffee shop by campus. Are you lis. . ."

Dean didn't finish his sentence when he turned to see his best friend, a brother to him, someone who had changed his life, on the floor. Lying there with his eyes closed.
Was he dead? No he couldn't be.
Dean freaked out.
He put the coffee down and run to Tawfiq, lightly slapping him to get him conscious.

" Tawfiq what's wrong? Are you okay? Look at me." Dean said in agitation.
Tawfiq opened his eyes slowly when he heard Dean's voice.

"Dean,. . .Fever. . .doctor. . ."Tawfiq mumbled incoherently.
Dean touched Tawfiq's forehead. He was burning up.

When he went out yesterday with Naima, he was fine just a cold. He had even worn the turtle neck he despised and coat just to keep warm. . .And it wasn't even winter.

It was all his fault for letting Tawfiq catch a cold. He should have just stayed away from him like Tawfiq had asked so he wouldn't catch the cold.
He knew Tawfiq's immune system couldn't handle even a little cold.

Dean helped Tawfiq sit up straight. He run to get the painkillers and gave it to him with water. Now it was time for questions.

"You said you would keep warm. What happened? You could have gotten hypathernia or whatever."
Dean frowned.