Chapter 44

The trip to Ghana was fun. They visited the castles in the Central Region and learnt about the history of the castle and the country all together.
Slavery was really a bad thing but it was always going to be their history.

They went to the Canopy walk. What was the name again?
Kakum National Park-and Naima remembered how she held on tightly to Tawfiq who kept on laughing at her whiles the canopy walk kept swinging left and right.

The people in the country were really down to Earth and kind. Beatrice showed them around and they ate some local food there.

Now, Naima and Tawfiq where on their way to wherever Tawfiq had planned. The plane had taken off from Ghana a few hours ago and Naima was already missing the hot country.

Did she mention she had a head on Tawfiq's chest and his arm was around her in the plane's bedroom?
Well, things had escalated a little between them after they shared that kiss on their first day in Ghana. Naima now felt like the best place on Earth was Tawfiq's chest.

How could a hard, chiseled, strong. . She was going off topic. . .Be that comfortable, it was like sleeping on the clouds.

"Tawfiq?" Naima quietly said into his chest.

"Hmm?" Tawfiq groggily replied with his eyes closed.

"You still aren't going to tell me where we are going?" Naima questioned.

Tawfiq opened his eyes and looked at Naima who lifted her head to look at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Don't give me that face. You are going to end up making me tell you." Tawfiq scrunched his face. "It's just a small surprise, babe. Just go to sleep. You'll need the energy." Tawfiq closed his eyes and pulled half of Naima's body unto him.

"Fine." Naima grumbled.

Tawfiq lightly chuckled and Naima felt the vibration in his chest and she smiled unknowingly.

〰️

"Why do I have to wear a blindfold? I don't like it." Naima frowned.

"I thought we talked about this being a surprise." Tawfiq brushed her cheeks with his thumb.

"I still hate blindfolds. I'm just wearing it because you want me to. " Naima grumbled.

"You are such a darling." Tawfiq sarcastically smiled and leaned down to her level and looked at her lips.

He smirked and slyly wrapped the folded handkerchief around her eyes.
Naima frowned.

"Oh, dear Habiba, what were you expecting?" Tawfiq joked.

"You. . .you. . .Arghh you are so annoying." Naima grumbled.

Tawfiq quickly leaned down and kissed her lips and Naima lips broke into a smile.

"A kiss a day, makes all the grumpiness go away." Tawfiq smiled and grabbed hold of her hand, pulling her to the stairs.

The runway was overlooking the main sites where they were.

"Watch your step." Tawfiq directed her down the stairs.

"I have been blinded. I can't watch my step." Naima chuckled.

"Acting smart now, are we?" Tawfiq smiled to himself as they got to the end of the stairs.

"I'm going to remove the blindfold now." Tawfiq said as he turned Naima to face what he wanted her to see.

When Tawfiq removed the blindfold, Naima blinked her eyes a little to regain a clear site.

Her eyes landed on the Eiffel Tower and her mouth hung open.