Steve (Soulmate A.U)

Everyone had it. My parents. My friends. Even me.

Everyone was born with a timer.

The timer shows you how long until you meet your soulmate.

The difference between me and my parents, Even my friends. They found their soulmate. But I still haven't.

I've dated to at least feel like I had fallen in love. But I knew that I was wasting my time.

I go to this Coffee shop every morning. It's a peaceful place. A place where I can just relax and forget about my Soulmate that I knew would probably never come. "Ma'am here's your coffee." The barista said as she placed the mug in front of me. "Thank you." I smiled at her. "Your Welcome." She smiled back and walked away.

I looked out the window next to me as I drank the coffee. "A brownie would be bomb right now." I said under my breath. Turning my head I looked down at my laptop realizing I needed to finish this form before noon. I looked down at my time accidentally and I jumped at what it read.

5:23
5:22
5:21
5:20

"It's probably off. Don't get nervous just finish your work." I continued typing but I could get my head straight. "If I leave would I still meet them? If I stay will they know who I am? What if they don't except me?" All of my crazy delusional thoughts flooded my mind. I got up from my chair and walked back to the line. "Hey can I get a chocolate chip brownie. I'm at that table over there by the window. Thank you very much." I said turning around.

When I turned around I didn't realize I bumped into someone. "Oh I'm sorry." I looked up to see who I bumped into. "No, It's all fine." We both made eye contact and I could see a purple thin lining over his eyes as his bright blue eyes sparkled down at me. "Hi." I said nervously yet softly smiling not knowing what to do, or even what to say. "Hello." He smiled back pearly whites making me melt. "I'm Y/n." He looked down at me still smiling but he still hadn't answered yet scaring me. "I'm sorry. I got lost in your eyes. I'm Steve." He reaches his hand out. "I'm sitting over there. So you can join me if you want." I shook his hand and pointed to my booth. His grip was tight yet soft at the same time. Even with his huge hands.

"Steve! Where did you go?" A man at his same height with long black hair with blue eyes looked at us. Steve turned around hearing his name. I looked in between them two still smiling being too happy to finally finding my soulmate. "Whose this?" He asked Steve looking between us two. I opened my mouth to answer but Steve quickly answered. "My soulmate." He answered proudfully. "Ohhh. That's why you wanted to leave the tower so much." I giggled softly at his friend. "I'm Bucky." He reaches his hand out and smiled.
"Y/n." I answered. "Ma'am." I turned around. "I have your brownie." She smiled and raised the brownie. "Oh sorry." I walked over and took it from her. "Thank you." She nodded a soft your welcome then walked away.

I placed it next to my coffee and turned around and saw the two boys talking to each other. "I'm just gonna leave so you can have a nice date with your doll." Bucky winked and walked out of the coffee shop before Steve could say anything. "I um-" Steve rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "You're cute." I softly chuckled and saw his face turn red. "And your really-very- pretty." I smiled, melting, at his soft voice.

"You wanna sit down?" I asked pointing to the opposite side of the booth. Steve shook his head and sat down. "I never thought I'd meet my soulmate." Steve said smiling softly yet sadly at the same time. "Neither did I. I always thought that I'd never find em, but I'm glad I found you." He smiled showing his pearly whites again.

"Wow."

Short and sweet i think. hope you liked it. i love you guys💓♥️♥️ byyeeee♥️♥️♥️