The Mad Alpha

Magsimula sa umpisa

More yells were heard as people started to run away from the predator. Magnus swore angrily and said, "Let's get out of here."

We all hurried into his car, locked the doors and drove away. Looking out the window, I was glad to see everyone had made it safely back into their cars and drove away. What the hell was that rogue thinking? What was the point in scaring everyone like that? 

We were on the road towards the Alpha House, sitting in stunned silence. I hadn't ever imagined Jay's graduation going south like it just had. Jay, Theo and I were sitting in the back, with me in the middle. Jay was looking out the window, facing away from us while Theo was looking at Jay. 

He looked... worried?

I raise my eyebrows at Theo, showing how surprised I was, and flashed him a small smirk. He noticed this, shrugged and mouthed, "I feel bad for him."

My smirk faded as I really took him in at that moment; he felt some kind of sympathy for Jay even though he clearly dislikes him. I didn't mention or show it, but my respect for him had just increased. 

"We're here." Kaitlyn said tiredly, opening the car doors and stepping out. I looked out, saw that we had arrived at home and waited for either of the boys to get out. 

Theo opened the door on his side and left the car first, leaving Jay and I in the car. Theo held the door for me, expecting me to come out too, before he saw my face and understood I wanted to talk to Jay. He reluctantly closed the door, but not before he sent me a reassuring smile.

I turned to look at Jay and found him absently touching the black box strapped to his neck. I bit my lip in effort to stop tears from over flowing; I felt so bad that he was in this situation. 

"I'm so sorry." I whispered, guilt rushing through me. 

He looked at me with surprise written on his face. "Why? You didn't do this."

I shook my head at that and said, "If only I hadn't trusted that woman and gone down a different path...you wouldn't have gone back in for me."

He tilted his head in confusion. "What woman?"

"The professor who did the first speech today was working with The Rogue Force." I said, putting my head in my hands. "A human was working for rogues..."

Jay's eyes widened at that and ran his hand through his hair. "No fucking way! Ruby is working for rogues? She was like my favourite lecturer!"

I stared at him before laughing at his train of thought. He shook head and closed his eyes. "What are the rogues up to, and what do they want with you?"

He reached to touch the black box again and muttered, "I wonder if Matt can get rid of this...?"

"I heard great things about that engineer, I'm sure he'll be able to do something." I responded, rubbing his arm in reassurance. "Let's get into the house, I'm sure it's hectic in there."

He nodded in agreement, opened the car door and waited for me to hop out. We made our way inside just to find Theo and Magnus walk down the staircase, talking to each other. Jay and I exchanged startled glances and looked back up at the pair; what a sight to see!

"He doesn't feel like a trespasser anymore..." Jay murmured beside me, voicing my thoughts. "Dad must've given him permission to stay on our territory."

"My wife is currently alerting the other leaders about this emergency meeting, and since you're already here, what better way to formally introduce you to the other leaders." Magnus remarked, giving at pat on Theo's back. Jay rolled his eyes and headed towards the kitchen for, apparently, 'some water'.