Chibs

After dropping my five year old son Aleister Kane to kindergarten I head to St. Thomas hospital for work where I'm a trauma sergeon. Parking my car I head inside and clock in, after I clock in I go check the board to see if a patient needed to be checked out. Seeing they didn't I start walking to my office when I see my friend and fellow coworker Dr Tara Knowles. Tara sees me and says "hey dr l/n how are you" and I say "good Dr Knowles how are you" and she laughs and says "good. Oh are yall still coming to Able's party tomorrow?" and I say "yes, Aleister can't wait" and she said "Able is excited too". We talked for a while before I got paged for a surgery. After a successful surgery it was time for Aleister to get off of school and also time to get off work so I clocked out and left headed for Charming Elementary. I wait in line five minutes before the line starts moving and Aleister is in my car and I say "did you have fun today little man" and he said "yes, me and Able made a big house with blocks" smiling I said "how about we go to the toy store and pick something up for Able's birthday" and he said "yes". Pulling up to the toy store I help him out the car and we walk in the toy store. We look around the store putting random toys we think he would like into the buggy then we go to the counter and checkout after we checkout we go to the car and I say "how about we go get him so clothes two" and Aleister said "ya then we can get pizza" laughing I say "we sure can". I put the toys in the trunk then help Aleister in the backseat then I get in the car and drive to a kids clothing store. Once we're in the store I start picking clothes and shoes out for Able and Aleister. After getting six different outfits and three different pairs of shoes each for Able and Aleister we got to the counter and checkout. When we leave the store we head home, once we're home I grab all the bags with the help of Aleister and head inside. Once inside I put Able's things at the table then I go save Aleister's things in his room, after I save everything I go to the hall closet and grab wrapping paper, tape and a birthday bag and a birthday card I had lefted over from Aleister's birthday and head to the kitchen table. After I wrap his four toys and put his clothes and shoes in a birthday bag I start on his birthday card. Inside I wrote,
Able,
Just like your dad told me on my birthday, your now 5, no one can call you a little kid anymore your now a little man. Welcome to the 5 year old club! Happy Birthday!
Your friend, Aleister
after I wrote that and read it to Aleister I got him to sign his name and I put twenty dollars in the card and put it in the envelope and set it aside. That night we ate pizza, took bathes then watched the movie CoCo then we went to steep. The next morning I wake up early and shower then I go make breakfast, when I'm finished cooking breakfast I go wake up Aleister to eat. After breakfast Aleister takes a bath and while he's in the bath I get ready in a cute flowery maxi dress with sandals then I put on eyeliner mascara and chapstick and I curl my hair in lose curls, after I was done getting ready I went get Aleister clothes ready then got him out the tub and helped him dress in a black and white plaid shirt, black shorts that stop under his knees with black ankle socks and converse. The party was at one so we left the house at twelve so I could help Tara finish getting ready. Getting to Tara's Aleister carrys the bag while I carry four wraped boxed toys, I couldn't see in front of me so Aleister knocked and the door open it was Jax and he laughed and said "need a little help darlin" laughing also I said "yes please" grabbing the boxes I follow in him inside and was met with Tara and Jax mom Gemma running around trying to make everything perfect, standing back quietly just watching Jax puts his arm around my shoulder and says "they been like this four two hours" laughing I say "yall need some help" turning Gemma and Tara both say "you look cute and yes". Turning to Aleister I say "go find Able to play but be good and don't dirty the house" he says "ok mama. come on Jax" and starts pulling Jax away, turning to Gemma and Tara I says "I'm so glad my son found two best friends in your boys" laughing Gemma says "he's only friends with Jax because Jax has the mind of a five year old" and after she said that we lost it laughing until we cried. At twelve thirty we had everything set up and ready so Tara and Gemma went get ready but before Gemma went shower she told me to tell Jax save the beer so I went looking for Jax and found him outside with Able, Aleister and the guys in the club but also someone that I didn't see for almost six years Filip Telford better known as my son's father, ignoring him I turn to Jax and say "put the beer away rugrats are fixing to get here" then I turn to Able and say "hey birthday boy, give me a hug" running to me he hugs me tight and I say "happy birthday" and he says "thank you" then runs off to play with Aleister. Looking around I see a couple guys still had a beer in their hands so I walked over to each one and took it from their hands and dumped the left over beer then threw the bottle in the trash. Filip was looking at me the whole time but I continued to ignore him. When the party started I found myself by Filip throughout the party no matter how many times I would move he would follow. I went to the bathroom and when I walked out I was pulled into a bedroom with lips on mine, pulling away I see it's Filip. Shaking my head I move to walk out only to be pulled back into his arms with him saying "talk to me love" and I said "I'm not your love and we have nothing to talk about" and he says "you are and that little boy who looks just like me outside says otherwise" and I said "your WIFE in Belfast is your love NOT me and what do you want to talk about MY son for" and he said "I want to be in his life, yours too" and I said "I don't want my son to have his heart broken because his dad won't stick up for him when his dads secret wife says rude things and no you can't be in my life" sighing he said "me and Fe are no longer married and I'm sorry I didn't put her in her place when see crossed the line with you. I should have because me and her were over years before I met you and I would protect my boy with my life" sighing I say "you can be in Aleister's life, we will tell him after the party but for us I don't know" nodding his head he says "I WILL win your love back. I promise love" and we walk out going back to the party. The party was fun and Able loved all his gifts, we're now headed home with Filip following us. Once were home I tell Aleister "we have to talk to you lil man" so we all sit on the couch and Aleister looks at Filip then me and I say "lil man this is your dad, Filip this is your son Aleister Kane" Aleister looks at Filip and says "did I do something wrong is that why you left for so long" and Filip pulls Aleister in his lap and says "no little man you did nothing wrong, daddy was just busy but I'm here now and I'm not going anywhere. I promise." he then hugs Aleister and I felt my tears fall. Looking up Filip sees me and holds one of his arms out and I join the hug. Aleister was happy to have his daddy in his life and I can say to that I was happy to have my ol man back in my life too.