Chapter 38.... Ryan's POV

I have Dedicated this chapre to Redviolet77 because she is an amazing writer who needs way more readers on her stoies!!

----------------

“Daddy” a little girl ran at me from across the yard. Her long blonde ringlets flowing as she ran. I could feel a smile spread across my face as I watched her. A few seconds later the little girl flung herself into my arms. I pulled back to look into the beautiful girl’s face. As I met her eyes I could she hints of amber in her green eyes.

“Mommy said dinner’s ready!” She said pulling me along with her into the pack house. There in the kitchen was Avery. She had her back to me but I knew it was her. She turned around and a smile spread across her face.

“Sabrina sweet heart go get the rest of the pack” Avery said to the little girl holding my hand.

“Hey” she said watching me.

“Hey” but she ran away she gone, was all that I could think watching my mate.

“Ryan what is wrong?” Worry laced her words as she watched me. “It looks you have seen a ghost” She said smiling trying to lighten the mood. What was going on?

“You left...” was all that came out of my mouth as a young boy about 8 ran in with the girl called Sabrina. He had black hair that sat just like mine but he had amber almost yellow eyes and that moment they were fixed on me.

“Dad” he greeted me with pride. I do not have a son or a daughter!

 ~*~

I woke suddenly sweating in my lonely room. The dream.... The family I could have had... my heart was breaking again.

“Sabrina” I whispered thinking about the little girl who looked so much like Avery, her long golden hair that fell into ringlets around her small pale face.  She had rosy cheeks but her eyes were green like mine but they also had Avery’s eyes in them. Why would my mind do this to me... show me what I could have! I tear spilt down my face. I then remembered the boy I did not learn his name but he looked like me, Dark hair tall for his age and he looked strong already. However he had amber eyes like Avery’s but they were more yellow. The two children were beautiful. Would they be the children I would have had with Avery? Is this a sick joke my mind was playing on? Showing me something I could never have?

My wolf was in greater pain seeing this dream. He could have had pups that looked on at him with pride but no it was all taken away from us.

I sat at the edge of my bed as silent tears fell down. Why was life so unfair?

Avery’s POV

I sat in the white washed room that I and Misty shared. We were staying here more than one evening.

I felt a tug at my chest as I sat there in the dark. I could not sleep I was alone how was I suppose to sleep?  I sat what must have been hours as the tears fell down my face. Ryan...was all that I could think of. Why had I left?