Chapter Four: Safe in My Arms

Rohanna's POV

I watched as Rafela worked to get all the bullets out of Avery. There was a lot of blood and so I had to hold cloth onto some of the wounds that bleed too much. It took about an hour for all the bullets to be taken out and there was only three. She was in a bad way.

When we had done I could see the wounds starting to heal, the flesh knitting together and sealing only leaving slivering pink scars where the bullet holes where. They would fade over time.

"Will she be okay?" I asked worried about Avery as she had lost so much blood. She had saved me so I had hoped to do the same thing for her. I wanted to repay her for being brave and saving me when she didn’t need to.

"I think so, but anything could happen, Rohanna!" Rafela said hugging me tighly like a mother would do. She couldn't die. I needed her to be my sister and to protect me from the bullies. I wanted to protect her. I started to cry as Rafela hugged me, saying soothing things in my ear and rubbing my back.

Ryan's POV

We must get to mate! Darcy said to me as he tried to push his way out, to take control.

I know but we will lose her if don't let Rafela help! So wait! I said to him as he finally gave up. I knew what he was going through but the difference is he was in love with her wolf Morrigan. They were made for each other and they would find each other throughout time and history to be together. He would not be able to live without her. Darcy loved Avery too, like I loved Morrigan but the wolves had known each other since the start of time and they had been in love that long. It was different for the wolf within than the human form they inhabited.

When Rohanna came in I wanted to leap at her and find out how she was. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying. I needed to know!

"Is she okay?" I asked grabbing her tiny frame and shaking her hard.

"Yeah she is! And bro let go!" I let go and giving her small sorry before ran to my room to see my beautiful mate on my bed. She was dressed in a white t-shirt that Rohanna had found in my wardrobe. She looked beautiful and peaceful.

She had blond hair that was pulled back out of her face. She had sharp cheek bones and pink lips. She was kind of plain. If she was not my mate I wouldn't even look at her. But she was my mate and she was my forever....

I walk over to her and kissed her soft cheek. She was still in a coma but I could feel her heart rate getting stronger.

“She is doing well! Her heart rate is strong and we removed the bullets successfully.” Rafela said before leaving the room. She shut the door softly and I heard her say that no one was allowed in.   

I smiled to myself as I lay next to my mate and wrapped my arms around her pulling her to my chest. Safe in my arms I thought to myself inhaling her intoxicating scent.

She was forever and always; I was going to look after her and keep her from harm. I smiled to myself thinking about the future that lay ahead of us with my mate safe in my arms.

I soon fell into a dreamless sleep. No worries just pure bliss of having her safe and sound.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. Sorry for any mistakes.