The Finals: Katie387750

This entry was written by Katie387750 who wrote the guild Black Shadow. Enjoy :)

Crystal's POV.

A long time ago...

My eyes focused on the white, blue, and red spirals in front of me. Wind blew around me, and made my orange hair fly all over the place.

My eyes focused on the combination of white, blue, and red colors on the target in front of me. The wind's breeze blew around everyone. My orange hair flew all around me.

"I'm going to cast the spell this time," I growled, looking at the archery target with determination and confidence.

"Really?" Diane asked, flawlessly casting dark pulses towards her's. "You've been trying for an hour with no progress."

"You really don't change, do you?" I fired.

"No." Diane smirked an evil grin.

"Stop teasing her," Ethan argued, pulling Diane by her black t-shirt's collar.

"She's our friend, no need to choke her," Tila growled, looking at Ethan.

"I guess," Ethan shrugged, letting Diane down. "Just don't mess with Crystal."

I forwarded my attention to the target once again. I started to feel the Mathanos charge my energy with flaming energy. The sensation burned in my arm, however, not in pain. I closed my eyes. I imagined blazing, hot fire in my hand. I moved my arm as if I was throwing a dart. I released the energy. I opened my eyes. Blue fire glistened in my eyes as I watched it go directly towards the target. Once my magic hit bullseye, the cardboard stand burned to shreds.

"I did it!" I yelled.

"How?" Brandon gasped, looking at me.

"More like, how did it take you so long," Diane said, correcting Brandon's comment.

I smiled. "Blue fire, too!"

"Crystal, you're leaving school early."

I turned around to see Ms. Woods walking towards me. She handed me a green slip, confirming her comment. She left with a smile.

"Really? Mom never picks me up early," I commented, looking at the paper.

"I don't know," Ethan shrugged. "You should go, anyways."

"Right," I nodded. "See you guys tomorrow."

"See you." Tila smiled.

I bolted out of class, and entered the front office.

"Dad? But Mom always picks me up from school," I commented, seeing Dad standing in the middle of the office.

"I'll tell you why in the car," Dad explained. "Come on."

"Okay." I smiled, and walked out of the office with Dad.

Once in the car...

"Crystal, I'm not even going to beat around the bush here," Dad said, while taking a deep breath.

"What? Am I in trouble?" I asked.

"No, Mom's in the hospital. That's why she-"

Dad got interrupted by my crying and sobbing.

"What? She's in the hospital?" I asked between breaths, crying waterfalls.

"I'm sorry, Crystal. I'm truly sorry."

"How?"

"No one knows, there's this type of dark energy surrounding her, controlling her emotions as the nurses called it. They said it happened to our planet before, and that's why there's an invisible atmosphere around it. I wasn't sure, either. So,