Task 6: The Quarterfinals: Campaign

Kean, Aderri, Laeshirra, Ra'gir... They were all dead. Evina could not keep her mind focused, no matter how desperately she tried. None of the Gamemakers knew how or why.

Seven Acolytes had been called, along with a few other powerful Magi Guilds, along with Republic Guards, to investigate. In the meantime, Thulok, Evina, and Pimret were advised from a Republic Senator to "continue the Games as normal" and whatever else, do not tell any of the other Magi Guilds.

Thulok had given the senator a piece of his mind, but nothing he said swayed him. For whatever reasons, the Republic wanted this kept quiet, though the reasons were beyond Evina. Beyond Pimret. Beyond even Thulok's wise mind.

Kyren and Rovad had been informed to keep quiet, though Evina wasn't sure how long that would last. She trusted Rovad but she wasn't too sure if Kyren could keep quiet.

Between the loss of the mentors and knowing that somewhere out there, Greo and Syra, both of Black Dragon, still hadn't been found... Evina did not want the Games to continue.

"This is an outrage," Thulok muttered. "Four Magi are dead, two are missing and the foolish senators in charge around here want us to pretend as if everything is fine? I say we inform the Magi immediately."

Pimret nodded in agreement. "Yes, I agree. They deserve to know, especially if whoever took the mentors also took Syra and Greo. For all we know, other Magi could be targeted."

"Very well then," Evina stated plainly. "We shall call all of the Magi Guilds together, but in order to keep it secret, we will only call on the Guild Masters and the five representatives from each guild."

Thulok and Pimret both nodded in agreement, but it was Thulok who spoke up. "It's time they knew as much as we did. Perhaps they can even help us find out what enemies are out there and who is doing this."

Evina sincerely hoped they figured it out soon, for she did not want the Magi to have to fight. She had seen many wars in her years, and war was not something she wanted brought to Tythan, not to this peaceful place, not to the Magi who had all already endured so much. "Let us go then."

*****

Welcome, everyone, to Task 6: The Quarterfinals - Campaign!

After Task 5 was complete, the Gamemakers sent everyone back to their hotels. Everyone intensely waited for news on why or what was happening, but none came. Now, the morning of DAY 7 came, and instead of being called to the next task, only your guild master and the five representatives have been called to the back of the Kypha palace.

The Gamemakers have secretly met with the five representatives from each guild: Knight's Watch, Miria, Guild Valkyrie, Silent Phoenix, Crimson Shadow, Iscariot Sin, Dragon Claw, Black Shadow, and Black Dragon, along with the Guild Masters of each and have informed you of the situation. The leader of Seven Acolytes, Ra'gir, is dead. The three mentors - Kean, Aderri, and Laeshirra have been found dead as well. Syra has been reported indefinitely missing, and Greo has been severely wounded by strange beings of dark magic, called Zhols. Your guild may speak up if your character(s) have encountered them (such as Eriswen) in the past day as well. The Gamemakers tell you that they have decided that the Games will end in three days. Over the next two days, your characters will still participate in the task - the campaign - while keeping the citizens occupied and calm. In the meantime, your Guild Masters and a few select chosen from your guild will join the powerful Magi Guilds investigating what has taken place.

The Gamemakers are joined by Elite Magi Darathos, who is a widely known powerful male Magi not affiliated with any guild, along with another Elite Magi named Verina, a female Magi, leader of the guild, Nanoryze, who has protected the far outreaches of the distant galaxy for generations. Darathos and Verina ask for volunteers to join them in their investigation, but they will take only one from each guild, if that, and only the strongest. Your characters may choose to volunteer or not. If they do, then your guild master will choose a replacement for your character and inform the replacement on the situation. After this meeting, your master and five representatives are released to begin the campaign. This special meeting that just took place is a bonus scene at the introduction of your entry. It will not be part of your main word count, so basically this is all unlimited.