Sponsorship Task: My Entry

Bekka nervously adjusted the end of her dress as she gazed at herself in a mirror. "Uh, do you think this looks okay, Syra? What do you think, Atheera?"

Syra, the caramel-skinned woman with black hair twisted into hundreds of braids, smiled at her. "Bekka, you look beautiful!"

Atheera nodded in agreement, crossing her arms over her black cotton robes. "Trust her; you look fine. Don't be so nervous."

Licking her jaws, Bekka wrinkled her nose at the end of her snout with a light whine. "I just - We're gonna be in front of so many people today. I mean, the press is gonna follow us around and I might have to talk to someone - "

Atheera laughed. "You do this every year, Bekka. Just relax. It's no big deal."

Whirling around to face her, Bekka huffed. "Of course it is! You were in the games last year, Atheera. Maybe you could take my place."

Syra shook her head. "Nonsense. Aren't you in them every year?" Syra asked.

Atheera grinned. "Of course she is! She also does this every year too. Last year, she asked Zenna to take her place, but Master Rovad didn't want her to because she has a tendency to get too violent. There was a huge fight over it!"

Bekka smiled sheepishly, feeling guilt make her cheeks blush. The gray fur on her cheeks turned pink as she glanced at herself in the mirror again. "Yeah... I felt terrible about it. That was all my fault."

Syra chuckled. "We better go. They're waiting for us."

Atheera hugged Bekka. "Good luck out there."

*****

"I'll catch up with you in a minute," Syra murmured in Bekka's ear. Rovad, the master of their guild, Black Dragon, was walking beside her, so Syra figured she would be alright.

Behind Syra, Jeythr walked out of a hotel room on the right side, reserved for the men, with their other two guildmates, Greo the orc - Rovad's second in command - and Kyren, the mysterious darkness mage. As a Mountain Elf, Jeythr was extremely attractive, at least in Syra's eyes. He towered over everyone at 6'9 with black hair that reached mid-back. Syra smiled as he walked up to her, lightly kissing her cheek. For a moment, she closed her eyes, lost in the moment of being close with him. "You look beautiful," he murmured, his honeyed voice sweet and husky all at once.

"Thank you."

Kypha was normally a crowded busy city, but with all of the guilds having arrived, it was even busier than usual. Citizens from all over the galaxy flocked to surround the Magi in large, thick crowds. Two Blood Elf boys, their skin as red as blood, charged toward Rovad and Bekka, who led the Black Dragon guildmates, along with Greo and Kyren. Republic guards stood on either side of the Magi as they strolled down the main street, keeping the crowd back. The crowd cheered for Black Dragon, though there were several others who shouted out the names of the other guilds. Syra thought she heard the names Mystical Dynesty, Knight's Watch, Dragon Claw, and Miria Guild being called.

Syra smiled at the crowd and held up her hand to wave at them. She was slightly nervous, but being in a crowd was normal for her after her experience being a royal. Showing herself to the citizens was a familiar act for her. The thoughts trailed off to a darker place and time, one where she couldn't trust anyone. As she looked at Jeythr and her guildmates behind and in front of her, they reminded her that she wasn't back there anymore. Black Dragon was her home now and she could trust them.

A young human girl with blonde hair sat atop her father's shoulders. The young girl reached out a hand toward Syra as they passed by.

Syra grabbed the young girl's hand and the Republic Guard kindly slid sideways to give her room.